Hypertonic Saline

MOME2RT

Reece could NOT handle it! Sent him into coughing spasms where he couldnt get his breath. His PFTs dropped with in 30 min.

MOME2RT

Reece could NOT handle it! Sent him into coughing spasms where he couldnt get his breath. His PFTs dropped with in 30 min.

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

RonnieSharpe

Are you doing 7% or 3%? If you're doing 7%, you should definitely try 3% first.

And as far as PFTs dropping, the same thing happens with TOBI so I wouldn't be so concerned about that as the are both lung irritants. Coughing as a result of HTS is also a GREAT thing and I wish it made me cough even more quite frankly. But obviously if you're spasming and can't catch your breath, something needs to be addressed. One thing is for sure, not all drugs work for all CFers, it's just a matter of finding what works for you.

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

And as far as PFTs dropping, the same thing happens with TOBI so I wouldn't be so concerned about that as the are both lung irritants. Coughing as a result of HTS is also a GREAT thing and I wish it made me cough even more quite frankly. But obviously if you're spasming and can't catch your breath, something needs to be addressed. One thing is for sure, not all drugs work for all CFers, it's just a matter of finding what works for you.

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

<br />
<br /> And as far as PFTs dropping, the same thing happens with TOBI so I wouldn't be so concerned about that as the are both lung irritants. Coughing as a result of HTS is also a GREAT thing and I wish it made me cough even more quite frankly. But obviously if you're spasming and can't catch your breath, something needs to be addressed. One thing is for sure, not all drugs work for all CFers, it's just a matter of finding what works for you.
<br />
<br />Ronnie

Giggles

Well, my doc said the study for CF was done with 7% so he wanted me to do that cause I asked him if I could try 3% since that is what my mailorder RX plan had but he said no do 3%. So now I have 7% and I do not think I am going to stay on it. I am not doing it for a few days to see if I can start to feel better and once I feel better I might start the HS again and see if I get the same feelings and then I can know for sure it was the HS.

Thanks! True not all meds and therapies work for everyone even though we all have the same disease. Makes it hard treat.

Jennifer 37 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

Well, my doc said the study for CF was done with 7% so he wanted me to do that cause I asked him if I could try 3% since that is what my mailorder RX plan had but he said no do 3%. So now I have 7% and I do not think I am going to stay on it. I am not doing it for a few days to see if I can start to feel better and once I feel better I might start the HS again and see if I get the same feelings and then I can know for sure it was the HS.

Thanks! True not all meds and therapies work for everyone even though we all have the same disease. Makes it hard treat.

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles

<br />
<br />Thanks! True not all meds and therapies work for everyone even though we all have the same disease. Makes it hard treat.
<br />
<br />Jennifer 37 with CF and CFRD

ehtansky21

WE actually take the 7% HTS and dilute it with saline solution, that I buy in 5 mL ambules at Walgreens. Both boys had coughing spasms a 7% and no adverse reactions at 3%. I don't even need to give then a bronchodialator. They have not been sick since beginning the HTS. WE will see what happens when winter comes???

ehtansky21

WE actually take the 7% HTS and dilute it with saline solution, that I buy in 5 mL ambules at Walgreens. Both boys had coughing spasms a 7% and no adverse reactions at 3%. I don't even need to give then a bronchodialator. They have not been sick since beginning the HTS. WE will see what happens when winter comes???

ehtansky21

ehtansky21

ehtansky21