Hypertonic Saline

JonA

I have recently started Hypertonic Saline and I'm curious to know how it has helped others. The first couple days I produced alot of mucus. After the thrid day of this (2x/d) now all I get is a bunch of hard unproductive coughing. How has the saline helped you and will this unpriductiveness continue. I have went to 1x a day and slightly better results, but still more cough than production.

JonA

I have recently started Hypertonic Saline and I'm curious to know how it has helped others. The first couple days I produced alot of mucus. After the thrid day of this (2x/d) now all I get is a bunch of hard unproductive coughing. How has the saline helped you and will this unpriductiveness continue. I have went to 1x a day and slightly better results, but still more cough than production.

Printer

I'm allergic to Toby and Pulmizime so sailine is my salvation. If you are like me the sailine will clean the mucus from your lungs and then, over time, begin to work down into the small airways. You will eventually see the mucus change from a glob (lungs) to sinue (small airways). Don't be discouraged and keep working at it. I do the saline as I vest.

Bill

Printer

I'm allergic to Toby and Pulmizime so sailine is my salvation. If you are like me the sailine will clean the mucus from your lungs and then, over time, begin to work down into the small airways. You will eventually see the mucus change from a glob (lungs) to sinue (small airways). Don't be discouraged and keep working at it. I do the saline as I vest.

Bill

imported_Momto2

It's been great for me. I add in some albuterol and the 3% helps me get stuff out. When ill, I switch to 7% and alternate with mucomyst. The Tobi, pulmozyme, etc, all give me severe bronchospasms (continuous asthma). This is a terrific alternative for me : ) I do saline as I run on the treadmill. What concentration are you using?

imported_Momto2

It's been great for me. I add in some albuterol and the 3% helps me get stuff out. When ill, I switch to 7% and alternate with mucomyst. The Tobi, pulmozyme, etc, all give me severe bronchospasms (continuous asthma). This is a terrific alternative for me : ) I do saline as I run on the treadmill. What concentration are you using?

JonA

That is what the doc gave me. I had tried it a few years back and quit due to this same unproductive coughing after treatment. I asked to try it again and 7% is what she wrote for me. I didn't know there was other strengths.

JonA

That is what the doc gave me. I had tried it a few years back and quit due to this same unproductive coughing after treatment. I asked to try it again and 7% is what she wrote for me. I didn't know there was other strengths.

imported_Momto2

Sometimes when I have an unproductive cough with HTS, switching to a lower concentration causes less of an bronchospasm reaction and therefore I get a more productive cough.

Do you mix it with a bronchodialator? That can help a lot.

imported_Momto2

Sometimes when I have an unproductive cough with HTS, switching to a lower concentration causes less of an bronchospasm reaction and therefore I get a more productive cough.

Do you mix it with a bronchodialator? That can help a lot.

Anomie

Bill,
You say that you're allergic to tobi. Do you ever actually culture pseudomonas? I'm just curious and I haven't figured out how to PM other members yet.

Anomie

Bill,
You say that you're allergic to tobi. Do you ever actually culture pseudomonas? I'm just curious and I haven't figured out how to PM other members yet.