Hypertonic Saline

Brad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>marcijo</b></i>

That seems super expensive to me, I pay $29.00 a month (I am on 7%, so that is for 3% and 10% vials, a 30 day supply).</end quote></div>

Marci

Where do You get Yours from ??
I pay 56.00 for 30 days of premixed 7%......

NoExcuses

I go through my mail order pharmacy. My co-pay for any medication is $15 for 90 day suppply. So I pay $15 for 90 days of 10% and $15 for 3%.

That comes to $30 for a 90 days supply.

NoExcuses

I go through my mail order pharmacy. My co-pay for any medication is $15 for 90 day suppply. So I pay $15 for 90 days of 10% and $15 for 3%.

NoExcuses

M

marcijo

I get mine at Safeway, and I paid $17.49 for the .9% (I thought it was 3%, but is is 3ml), and $12.00 for the 10%.
I was under the impression that it was NOT covered by my insurance but I am not totally sure about that. I will have to check on it and let you know.
I am thinking that the 10% might be covered, because my copay on a generic med is $12.00. Not sure about the .9% though-since it is $17.49.

M

marcijo

I get mine at Safeway, and I paid $17.49 for the .9% (I thought it was 3%, but is is 3ml), and $12.00 for the 10%.
I was under the impression that it was NOT covered by my insurance but I am not totally sure about that. I will have to check on it and let you know.
I am thinking that the 10% might be covered, because my copay on a generic med is $12.00. Not sure about the .9% though-since it is $17.49.

M

marcijo

M

marcijo

Sakasuka-that is a great price for a 90 day supply. I should check out what my mail order price is.

M

marcijo

Sakasuka-that is a great price for a 90 day supply. I should check out what my mail order price is.

M

marcijo

Jem

I order my 7% Hypertonic Saline premixed from Foundation Care -- www.foundcare.com

The cost including free shipping is $36 for a months supply of two doses daily. I was told that this was not covered by insurance as well but for $36 a month that is less than some of my other drug copays.

I have found foundation Care to be a very good company to deal with.

Jem

I order my 7% Hypertonic Saline premixed from Foundation Care -- www.foundcare.com

The cost including free shipping is $36 for a months supply of two doses daily. I was told that this was not covered by insurance as well but for $36 a month that is less than some of my other drug copays.

Jem

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
I order my daughters through Foundation Care out of Missouri. We are in Calif, so I believe they ship anywhere in the U.S.

www.foundcare.com
1-877-291-1122

We get one month supply - 60 vials (5ml) of 7% saline for $36....the shipping is free. Our insurance does not cover it so this is the full price.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
I order my daughters through Foundation Care out of Missouri. We are in Calif, so I believe they ship anywhere in the U.S.

www.foundcare.com
1-877-291-1122

We get one month supply - 60 vials (5ml) of 7% saline for $36....the shipping is free. Our insurance does not cover it so this is the full price.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

www.foundcare.com
1-877-291-1122

M

marcijo

I would love to order through Foundation Care-but I took their info to my last CF appt. and they told me not to, since they were not familiar with them. Maybe I will try again since so many of you are using them. I think they were questioning how sterile it is since they are mixing it.

M

marcijo

I would love to order through Foundation Care-but I took their info to my last CF appt. and they told me not to, since they were not familiar with them. Maybe I will try again since so many of you are using them. I think they were questioning how sterile it is since they are mixing it.

M

marcijo

Jem

My nephew and niece are compounding pharmacists and they checked into the process Foundation Care uses in preparing the HTS and told me that they had no reservations about them preparing it for me. They would have prepared the HTS for me if they themselves had the proper equipment but they work for a very small compounding pharmacy and they do not the equipment to do so that would ensure sterility of the HTS.