Hypertonic Saline

barbc888

My doctor just prescribed hypertonic saline 3% and 10% and I've never taken this before. Problem is, every pharmacy that I call doesn't have it, and won't order it for me. In fact, each person I've talked to has never even heard of it. Anybody ever run into this problem? My doctor knows of a pharmacy thru our hospital that has it, but this pharmacy isn't under my insurance plan. I might have to go with the hospital pharmacy and get some kind of authorization for it -- yay, lots of phone calls and paperwork -- don't you just love it?!!!

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

My doctor just prescribed hypertonic saline 3% and 10% and I've never taken this before. Problem is, every pharmacy that I call doesn't have it, and won't order it for me. In fact, each person I've talked to has never even heard of it. Anybody ever run into this problem? My doctor knows of a pharmacy thru our hospital that has it, but this pharmacy isn't under my insurance plan. I might have to go with the hospital pharmacy and get some kind of authorization for it -- yay, lots of phone calls and paperwork -- don't you just love it?!!!

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

Hi again,

Update: I did a search on here for previous discussions about hypertonic saline, and saw that it's also called Sodium Chloride Solution... and that saying hypertonic saline to the pharmacist is going to cause confusion and blank stares. Ok, I'll get back on the phone and call these places again and say Sodium Chloride Solution! This site is great -- you guys helped me without even knowing you helped!

Cheers!
Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

Hi again,

Update: I did a search on here for previous discussions about hypertonic saline, and saw that it's also called Sodium Chloride Solution... and that saying hypertonic saline to the pharmacist is going to cause confusion and blank stares. Ok, I'll get back on the phone and call these places again and say Sodium Chloride Solution! This site is great -- you guys helped me without even knowing you helped!

Cheers!
Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

Hi again,

Cheers!
Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

JazzysMom

Foundation Care in addition to CF Pharmacy will know what it is. I had a problem with my local Eckerds pharmacy getting it. First time I ever had a problem with any meds. I ordered thru CF Pharmacy, but if I use it again I would do Foundation Care since they pre mix it.

JazzysMom

Foundation Care in addition to CF Pharmacy will know what it is. I had a problem with my local Eckerds pharmacy getting it. First time I ever had a problem with any meds. I ordered thru CF Pharmacy, but if I use it again I would do Foundation Care since they pre mix it.

JazzysMom

barbc888

I wish CF Pharmacy or Foundation Care were pharmacies under my plan, but they're not. But good news: my local pharmacy had it after all -- just under a different name than my dr. wrote the rx for. Thanks Melissa and Khristina for your help! I just needed to do some extra digging and research to find what I was looking for, and I did. I'm picking up the HS this afternoon and will use it for the 1st time ever.

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

I wish CF Pharmacy or Foundation Care were pharmacies under my plan, but they're not. But good news: my local pharmacy had it after all -- just under a different name than my dr. wrote the rx for. Thanks Melissa and Khristina for your help! I just needed to do some extra digging and research to find what I was looking for, and I did. I'm picking up the HS this afternoon and will use it for the 1st time ever.

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD

barbc888

Barbara
40 w/CF & CFRD