Hyptertoni Saline

J

jcwise62

Sarah:<br>Hi, my son was 11 when we discovered he has CF. We used a mask for the first 6 months afterwards building up his tolerance to the saline. It was a lot easier, he still hates the taste, but it was a easier process.<br>Oh by the way, he was a truly difficult at first with all his treatments, but we are very blessed that they found out he has CF and not just keep treating him for asthma.<br>Jeff WiseParker's Dad, R347P, D508. Diag Feb 2010.

scanboyd

Having used 7% and 3% since 2003, for me I can not tell the difference. I have been using 3%, 7-8 cc per neb. rx for some time now and get the same results as I did with the 7%. HTS for me is the most important drug I neb. Good luck.

scanboyd

Having used 7% and 3% since 2003, for me I can not tell the difference. I have been using 3%, 7-8 cc per neb. rx for some time now and get the same results as I did with the 7%. HTS for me is the most important drug I neb. Good luck.

scanboyd

S

stephen

Just a thought. It's hard to imagine moisture getting into the tubing from the nebulizer, since the compressor has such high pressure blowing in the opposite way.

I find moisture in the tubing due to normal condensation from the compressor - especially during warm humid days.

Also, there is 3% saline which I used at first. (I just got a batch since I mix it with 10% to make 7%. It's less expensive for me that way.)

Wishing you all the best,
Stephen, 69 years old with CF.

S

stephen

Just a thought. It's hard to imagine moisture getting into the tubing from the nebulizer, since the compressor has such high pressure blowing in the opposite way.

I find moisture in the tubing due to normal condensation from the compressor - especially during warm humid days.

Also, there is 3% saline which I used at first. (I just got a batch since I mix it with 10% to make 7%. It's less expensive for me that way.)

Wishing you all the best,
Stephen, 69 years old with CF.

S

stephen

<br />
<br />I find moisture in the tubing due to normal condensation from the compressor - especially during warm humid days.
<br />
<br />Also, there is 3% saline which I used at first. (I just got a batch since I mix it with 10% to make 7%. It's less expensive for me that way.)
<br />
<br />Wishing you all the best,
<br />Stephen, 69 years old with CF.
<br />
<br />

petnurse

I agree with Harriett about the bronchospasm. Every kid is different, but that could be a problem. My son started nebbing 7% at about 1 1/2 yrs old. For about a week he would have a small amount of blood tinged mucus, but he never complained and is fine now. That reaction you are getting sounds like more than just a distaste for it. Hope you get it figured out soon :)

petnurse

I agree with Harriett about the bronchospasm. Every kid is different, but that could be a problem. My son started nebbing 7% at about 1 1/2 yrs old. For about a week he would have a small amount of blood tinged mucus, but he never complained and is fine now. That reaction you are getting sounds like more than just a distaste for it. Hope you get it figured out soon :)

petnurse