I am f508 and 3272-26a>g. How do I know if mine is gating and what class I'm in?? Darryl 44 dx 24

Havoc

I am f508 and 3272-26a>g. How do I know if mine is gating and what class I'm in?? Darryl 44 dx 24

3272-26A>G is a splicing mutation.

Havoc

3272-26A>G is a splicing mutation.

BleedOrange1968

Thanks havoc! Would be nice to talk to one of the geneticists

BleedOrange1968

Thanks havoc! Would be nice to talk to one of the geneticists

Anomie

Ask your doctor to write you a prescription for it and test it out. Your mutation is probably too rare for them to run a clinical trial on and if your doctor writes you a prescription then your insurance company will probably pay for it. Some other people on this site have been doing that exact same thing with some pretty positive results!

Anomie

Ask your doctor to write you a prescription for it and test it out. Your mutation is probably too rare for them to run a clinical trial on and if your doctor writes you a prescription then your insurance company will probably pay for it. Some other people on this site have been doing that exact same thing with some pretty positive results!

BleedOrange1968

What does the script need to say Anomie?

Incomudrox

I bet it would say something like...

"kalydeco (ivacaftor) 150mg BID dispense 60."

Incomudrox

I bet it would say something like...

"kalydeco (ivacaftor) 150mg BID dispense 60."

Anomie

Yep just make sure your insurance will cover the prescription before you get it filled or you're gonna have to take out a second mortgage on your house to pay for a one month supply.

Anomie

Yep just make sure your insurance will cover the prescription before you get it filled or you're gonna have to take out a second mortgage on your house to pay for a one month supply.

E

ElenaFalcon

<table class="MessageTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="MessageTable_RightCell" valign="top" width="99%">
<div class="MessageText_Container">Havoc, hi. I know that you are not an expert in rare mutations, but possibly you can help with understanding of my 1yr daughter's mutation -p.Phe1078Ile (c.3232t>a) in exon 20 cftr.Is it in gating class? The 2nd mutation is df508 - located in exon 11. Appreciate your thoughts very much.
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="MessageTable_Toolbar" colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

E

ElenaFalcon

<table class="MessageTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="MessageTable_RightCell" valign="top" width="99%">
<div class="MessageText_Container">Havoc, hi. I know that you are not an expert in rare mutations, but possibly you can help with understanding of my 1yr daughter's mutation -p.Phe1078Ile (c.3232t>a) in exon 20 cftr.Is it in gating class? The 2nd mutation is df508 - located in exon 11. Appreciate your thoughts very much.
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="MessageTable_Toolbar" colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Havoc

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with that mutation and I could not find much about it online either. I assume you are wondering if your daughter could take Kalydeco. As I understand it, Kalydeco isn't approved for children under age 6.

Havoc

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with that mutation and I could not find much about it online either. I assume you are wondering if your daughter could take Kalydeco. As I understand it, Kalydeco isn't approved for children under age 6.