I am looking for information on having F508 & D1152H

denisemarie

My 4 year old son has CF. His mutations are Delta F508 and D1152H. Although his case is mild he does do a nebulizer and clapping treatment once a day. I can not find any information on having these two mutations. They say its mild, but will it get worse? when will it get worse?? When we first found out he had CF was in Oct 05, and the doctor had said he may not have symptoms until he is 60. I just wish I knew more!!
Please help!!!

denisemarie

My 4 year old son has CF. His mutations are Delta F508 and D1152H. Although his case is mild he does do a nebulizer and clapping treatment once a day. I can not find any information on having these two mutations. They say its mild, but will it get worse? when will it get worse?? When we first found out he had CF was in Oct 05, and the doctor had said he may not have symptoms until he is 60. I just wish I knew more!!
Please help!!!

denisemarie

Please help!!!

kybert

ignore what mutations he has. most of the time mutaions dont mean anything. he has cf and thats all that matters.

may not have symptoms until he is 60? sounds like its time for a new doctor!

kybert

ignore what mutations he has. most of the time mutaions dont mean anything. he has cf and thats all that matters.

kybert

Buckeye

Do a search on the internet for D1152H and quite a few websites should pop up - I used Google and just looked at the 1st one I saw - it says "D1152H is a type IV cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator (CFTR) mutation associated with abnormal chloride gating. Although comprising 5-6% of mutations on genetic screening, clinical reports of cystic fibrosis (CF) are rare, suggesting that the disease is mild, atypical, or even absent". This is from the NCBI National Library of Medicine and National Institute of Health website.

Buckeye

Do a search on the internet for D1152H and quite a few websites should pop up - I used Google and just looked at the 1st one I saw - it says "D1152H is a type IV cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator (CFTR) mutation associated with abnormal chloride gating. Although comprising 5-6% of mutations on genetic screening, clinical reports of cystic fibrosis (CF) are rare, suggesting that the disease is mild, atypical, or even absent". This is from the NCBI National Library of Medicine and National Institute of Health website.

Buckeye

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kybert</b></i>

may not have symptoms until he is 60? sounds like its time for a new doctor!</end quote></div>

i agree 100% with both of these statements.

if CF was easy to predict, we'd all know what's in store for us.......

NoExcuses

may not have symptoms until he is 60? sounds like its time for a new doctor!</end quote></div>

NoExcuses