I can't believe it's been one year

mcbrash

I wanted to share with you the message I wrote in Matt's carepages today.

It is now one year since our dear Matt left us and I can't begin to tell you how much we miss Matt and what a void has been left in our lives. Our first Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Matt's birthday have all come and gone and now here we are, our first anniversary without Matt. Even though Matt left us on the 15th of May, it will always be the Sunday before the 15th that I will remember most.

There is such emptiness and silence in our house since last May, things like the compressor that delivered Matt's medications 2 to 3 times daily, the humming of his oxygen concentrator, sounds of his cough, music blaring, which many times I complained of but what I would not give to hear that loud music once again. Things seemed to have stood still here in many ways since last May. Matt's room is as it was when he left for the hospital, his pills still sit where he left them, his slippers next to his bed, his jacket still hung behind the door etc.

I have accomplished a few things that I am quite proud of this past year in memorializing Matt. Having his carepages compiled together into a book, putting his artwork together and having it on display on the CF Ward at St. Mikes, getting Matt's picture on the front cover of a CF book called "the Ultimate Teen Guide" and the list goes on. Of course these projects would never have been possible had it not been for Matt and the talent he had for art and photography, which he left so much of for me to work with. He also taught me so many things to do on my computer which enabled me to do these projects. I recently finished a video montage of Matt, if you haven't seen it and would like to, just click on the following link or copy and paste it:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=362594ada69dd32c83f35
">http://www.onetruemedia.com/sh...362594ada69dd32c83f35
</a>

I have to thank each and everyone of my family and friends for helping us get through this past year. There has never been a lack of support from anyone and if a shoulder has been needed to cry on there has always been one there for me. I have met many other parents that have lost their sons and daughters to CF and knowing that this journey of grief is not traveled by us alone seems to help somewhat.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Loving you now and forever more Matt

JennifersHope

I can't believe that I didn't see this before now. The montage made me cry uncontrollably. I am not sure why this one hit me so hard but it did.

Matt was a real good looking guy. That is the thing with CF you look so healthy on the outside.

I don't really know what to say, it is an amazing video. I loved that part where he was talking. I wish I could have heard what he was saying. His funny faces made me laugh...

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer