I cant stop coughing

K

kgfrompa

I am on IV antibiotics for a couple weeks now but i am chocking on mucus and i cant stop coughing.It amazing that my body can produce so much junk. Could this be from the infection ? It feels like I will cough forever.Is this normal i am waiting for the doctor to call me back. Thanks again kathy

K

kgfrompa

I am on IV antibiotics for a couple weeks now but i am chocking on mucus and i cant stop coughing.It amazing that my body can produce so much junk. Could this be from the infection ? It feels like I will cough forever.Is this normal i am waiting for the doctor to call me back. Thanks again kathy

K

kgfrompa

cfstinabug

What type of cough is it? Junky? Dry? If you've been on antibiotics for 2 weeks and it's not working, maybe you need to do a sputum culture to test sensitivities to different antibiotics to try something different. However, sometimes when I'm sick - I get that dry, non-productive cough. Sometimes I need prednisone to control the latter...

Make sure you're doing your airway clearance to bring up all the "goodies". Even with a lot of antibiotics, it's difficult to overcome infection unless you are expelling the mucus.

Hope this helps :-/

cfstinabug

What type of cough is it? Junky? Dry? If you've been on antibiotics for 2 weeks and it's not working, maybe you need to do a sputum culture to test sensitivities to different antibiotics to try something different. However, sometimes when I'm sick - I get that dry, non-productive cough. Sometimes I need prednisone to control the latter...

Make sure you're doing your airway clearance to bring up all the "goodies". Even with a lot of antibiotics, it's difficult to overcome infection unless you are expelling the mucus.

Hope this helps :-/

cfstinabug

<br />
<br />Make sure you're doing your airway clearance to bring up all the "goodies". Even with a lot of antibiotics, it's difficult to overcome infection unless you are expelling the mucus.
<br />
<br />Hope this helps :-/

K

kgfrompa

I have way too much junk in my lungs. The Doctors asked if i wanted to be put on Prednisone but i cant deal with the mood swings. I go back to the doctors on the 29 hopefully i will be better by then.Thanks for the reply

K

kgfrompa

I have way too much junk in my lungs. The Doctors asked if i wanted to be put on Prednisone but i cant deal with the mood swings. I go back to the doctors on the 29 hopefully i will be better by then.Thanks for the reply

K

kgfrompa