I did it

thefrogprincess

Ok, it took me a while to work up the nerve but I broke up with my bf last night. Its been coming for a while I just haven't been able to go through with it. We had a good 4 years together but he doesn't want to get married or have kids and I do. I feel bad because he's a great guy, but I'm not willing to give up my happiness no matter what I feel toward him.

anonymous

Hon, you gotta do what's best in the end for you; you should never have to comprimise what you really want in life, short or long term, just for someone else. It might be hard, but you did the right thing-way to go.

Julie

JazzysMom

I believe you were the one that I begged not to settle. Congrats on a brave yet painful decision. It is beneficial to him also. Maybe now he can also find someone that wants the same things as he does.

rose4cale

I totally agree with Julie and Jazzysmom. There is no reason to settle for a realtionship. He may perfect otherwise but your happiness is what you have to look out for. There's no point to waiting 5, 10 or 15 years hoping that they would change their minds to what you want. It's tough to break up, but once the habit of the relationship is broken, you'll thank yourself. I do hope you find what you are looking for.

thefrogprincess

Yep, I was the one who you told not to settle. Everyone's advice helped me finally go through with it. But I also recently got back in touch with a good friend who was going through similar things with his girlfriend, and that really helped! It was nice to know that I'm not the only one.