I feel scared ....

JORDYSMOM

There's a big difference between sending your child to school with sick children, and having your child around sick relatives. The kids at school won't be picking your daughter up and holding her, and kissing her. The relatives will be! There's a huge difference between casual contact, and ABSOLUTE contact.

All of us have relatives who either just don't get it, or just don't WANT to get it. It may be okay for them to live in the land of denial. I'm sure it's a beautiful place, but WE don't have that option. We have to face the reality of CF everyday, ALL day! You cannot lose sleep over other people's ignorance. I'm sorry it's getting you down; it happens to the best of us from time to time. Just hang in there, and know that you are doing your best to protect your child. ((((hugs)))) to you.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

There's a big difference between sending your child to school with sick children, and having your child around sick relatives. The kids at school won't be picking your daughter up and holding her, and kissing her. The relatives will be! There's a huge difference between casual contact, and ABSOLUTE contact.

All of us have relatives who either just don't get it, or just don't WANT to get it. It may be okay for them to live in the land of denial. I'm sure it's a beautiful place, but WE don't have that option. We have to face the reality of CF everyday, ALL day! You cannot lose sleep over other people's ignorance. I'm sorry it's getting you down; it happens to the best of us from time to time. Just hang in there, and know that you are doing your best to protect your child. ((((hugs)))) to you.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

AnD

Good for you- it really is so hard sometimes- why can't they just "get it"? Denial, perhaps? I dunno...

I know the frustration...my mom told me the other day that she had to inform my dad- and I am 36 years old with cf (though I was healthy for the majority of my childhood)- that I was<i> not </i>being overly cautious (I don't remember the exactly wording, but along the lines of "paranoid"), that I was trying to stay<b> alive </b> (by avoiding people I <i>knew</i> were sick).

She said he hasn't said anything else since, and I haven't heard any of the comments (for example) like "it's all the same germs anyways" when I don't let my daughter go over and play with her cousin at their grandparents, when that cousin's brother is home with a fever and gunky...Heck, why would I want to let my (healthy, no cf) daughter catch something that would make her miserable, that we could avoid this time around, let alone take a chance on catching it myself?

She will be bringing home plenty of unexpected stuff from Sunday school, I'm sure (though so far, not too bad); why expose <i>any </i>of us to the stuff we <i>know</i> about? Maybe I'm just getting old, but didn't it used to be common courtesy to stay home when you were sick anyways?

Of course, I just broke my courtesy rule this week, and apparently exposed my whole dh's side of the family to a germ that I thought was a cf sinus/cough flare up from my 2 colds in a row...the party was at my house...and my husband just came down with it last night, too...oops.

AnD

Good for you- it really is so hard sometimes- why can't they just "get it"? Denial, perhaps? I dunno...

I know the frustration...my mom told me the other day that she had to inform my dad- and I am 36 years old with cf (though I was healthy for the majority of my childhood)- that I was<i> not </i>being overly cautious (I don't remember the exactly wording, but along the lines of "paranoid"), that I was trying to stay<b> alive </b> (by avoiding people I <i>knew</i> were sick).

She said he hasn't said anything else since, and I haven't heard any of the comments (for example) like "it's all the same germs anyways" when I don't let my daughter go over and play with her cousin at their grandparents, when that cousin's brother is home with a fever and gunky...Heck, why would I want to let my (healthy, no cf) daughter catch something that would make her miserable, that we could avoid this time around, let alone take a chance on catching it myself?

She will be bringing home plenty of unexpected stuff from Sunday school, I'm sure (though so far, not too bad); why expose <i>any </i>of us to the stuff we <i>know</i> about? Maybe I'm just getting old, but didn't it used to be common courtesy to stay home when you were sick anyways?

Of course, I just broke my courtesy rule this week, and apparently exposed my whole dh's side of the family to a germ that I thought was a cf sinus/cough flare up from my 2 colds in a row...the party was at my house...and my husband just came down with it last night, too...oops.

AnD

AnD

AnD