I had my first lung bleed yesterday

amysue78

I had my first bleed in the summer and I live 3 hours away from the CF clinic/hospital. I heard a pop and then I could not cough it up. It really was not too much. But, I drove the 3 hours worried I was going to bleed to death. Everything was okay. I think the important thing for me was to have a plan for it happening in the future: when to worry ect... Years ago I heard that drinking ice water helps so I drank ice water the whole way.

Hope all is well
Amy Long 32 WCF mother to 3 children 12yrs,8yrs and 7yrs (all nocf)

amysue78

I had my first bleed in the summer and I live 3 hours away from the CF clinic/hospital. I heard a pop and then I could not cough it up. It really was not too much. But, I drove the 3 hours worried I was going to bleed to death. Everything was okay. I think the important thing for me was to have a plan for it happening in the future: when to worry ect... Years ago I heard that drinking ice water helps so I drank ice water the whole way.

Hope all is well

amysue78

Hope all is well

amysue78

Hope all is well

amysue78

<br />
<br />Hope all is well
<br />Amy Long 32 WCF mother to 3 children 12yrs,8yrs and 7yrs (all nocf)

robert321

i've had a few bleeds before, the first one a couple years ago while i was in the hospital, the dr was really not concerned at all about it, like has already been said, just take it easy for a few days
funny story about that though, one day i was having a bleed, nothing major but i kept reopening it because i was too stubborn to take it easy. I was driving home too fast and got pulled over so while i was waiting for the cop to come up to me, i hacked real hard and got it going again. The cop came to the window and asked if there was a reason i was in such a hurry, "yes officer, I have to get home to my medicine!" then when he asked about it, i yacked up a nice wad and spat it on the street for him. After he got done freaking out, he let me go

robert321

i've had a few bleeds before, the first one a couple years ago while i was in the hospital, the dr was really not concerned at all about it, like has already been said, just take it easy for a few days
funny story about that though, one day i was having a bleed, nothing major but i kept reopening it because i was too stubborn to take it easy. I was driving home too fast and got pulled over so while i was waiting for the cop to come up to me, i hacked real hard and got it going again. The cop came to the window and asked if there was a reason i was in such a hurry, "yes officer, I have to get home to my medicine!" then when he asked about it, i yacked up a nice wad and spat it on the street for him. After he got done freaking out, he let me go

robert321

robert321

robert321

<br />funny story about that though, one day i was having a bleed, nothing major but i kept reopening it because i was too stubborn to take it easy. I was driving home too fast and got pulled over so while i was waiting for the cop to come up to me, i hacked real hard and got it going again. The cop came to the window and asked if there was a reason i was in such a hurry, "yes officer, I have to get home to my medicine!" then when he asked about it, i yacked up a nice wad and spat it on the street for him. After he got done freaking out, he let me go

robert321

funny story about that though, one day i was having a bleed, nothing major but i kept reopening it because i was too stubborn to take it easy. I was driving home too fast and got pulled over so while i was waiting for the cop to come up to me, i hacked real hard and got it going again. The cop came to the window and asked if there was a reason i was in such a hurry, "yes officer, I have to get home to my medicine!" then when he asked about it, i yacked up a nice wad and spat it on the street for him. After he got done freaking out, and asking if i needed an ambulance, he let me go.
On another note, what is this text your doctor thing? i want to be able to text my dr!

robert321

funny story about that though, one day i was having a bleed, nothing major but i kept reopening it because i was too stubborn to take it easy. I was driving home too fast and got pulled over so while i was waiting for the cop to come up to me, i hacked real hard and got it going again. The cop came to the window and asked if there was a reason i was in such a hurry, "yes officer, I have to get home to my medicine!" then when he asked about it, i yacked up a nice wad and spat it on the street for him. After he got done freaking out, and asking if i needed an ambulance, he let me go.
On another note, what is this text your doctor thing? i want to be able to text my dr!

robert321

robert321

robert321

<br />funny story about that though, one day i was having a bleed, nothing major but i kept reopening it because i was too stubborn to take it easy. I was driving home too fast and got pulled over so while i was waiting for the cop to come up to me, i hacked real hard and got it going again. The cop came to the window and asked if there was a reason i was in such a hurry, "yes officer, I have to get home to my medicine!" then when he asked about it, i yacked up a nice wad and spat it on the street for him. After he got done freaking out, and asking if i needed an ambulance, he let me go.
<br />On another note, what is this text your doctor thing? i want to be able to text my dr!