I have a huge rack!

saveferris2009

Yup, you get a lot of air trapping due to the broncheactasis, plugging, etc etc etc. so your lungs are larger and so is your rib cage.

i've heard some of this "barrel chestedness" can go away after tx with healthy lungs.

saveferris2009

Yup, you get a lot of air trapping due to the broncheactasis, plugging, etc etc etc. so your lungs are larger and so is your rib cage.

i've heard some of this "barrel chestedness" can go away after tx with healthy lungs.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />i've heard some of this "barrel chestedness" can go away after tx with healthy lungs.

laulau555

yes yes my rib cage is more of a birdcage as well. I can never zipper my dresses up once it hits my ribs!!! i'm trying to work on my posture as well since the inflamed lungs make me slouch more

laulau555

yes yes my rib cage is more of a birdcage as well. I can never zipper my dresses up once it hits my ribs!!! i'm trying to work on my posture as well since the inflamed lungs make me slouch more

laulau555

laulau555

laulau555

lilywing

Michele,
You mentioned altitude as a factor, and I had never considered that! I've lived in Calgary, Alberta, Canada for all of my nearly 31 years, altitude nearly 3500 feet above sea level. hmmmmm
Maybe this is the best reason to pack up and move to California!

Also, I've had a big rack my whole life, even before I began to decline. I've heard that your ribs "shrink" sometimes after transplant. It's so strange to imagine that happening!

lilywing

Michele,
You mentioned altitude as a factor, and I had never considered that! I've lived in Calgary, Alberta, Canada for all of my nearly 31 years, altitude nearly 3500 feet above sea level. hmmmmm

Also, I've had a big rack my whole life, even before I began to decline. I've heard that your ribs "shrink" sometimes after transplant. It's so strange to imagine that happening!

lilywing

Michele,

lilywing

Michele,

lilywing

Michele,
<br />You mentioned altitude as a factor, and I had never considered that! I've lived in Calgary, Alberta, Canada for all of my nearly 31 years, altitude nearly 3500 feet above sea level. hmmmmm
<br />Maybe this is the best reason to pack up and move to California!
<br />
<br />Also, I've had a big rack my whole life, even before I began to decline. I've heard that your ribs "shrink" sometimes after transplant. It's so strange to imagine that happening!