I have a question

anonymous

Hi, my name is Kathryn. I do not have cf but i have a question about it. I was doing my homework and one of the questions deals with cf. The question is as follows, Lauren is a 2 year old girl with CF. Because Lauren has this condition her mother frequently turns her over onto her back and cups her hand, and qucikly but firmly pats her sharply on the back between her shoulder blades. How could this help Laurens condition? Please reply.. or email me at bluekat@prodigy.net

Dea

Hi Kathryn,This is called chest phyio therapy ..referred to as CPT. In people with CF, mucous is very thick and sticks to the lungs. This type of therapy is used to help loosen the mucous so it can be coughed out. Because it is so thick and sticky....bacteria grows in the lungs. This is why CF people have respiratory problems. That is a short and simple answer...of course...it can be much more detailed. Hope this helps you...if you would like to know more about cf..this is a great place to find out. Good Luck!Dea...30 yr old with CF