I JUST CANT DO IT NO MORE

kdmr1220

I AM 37 AND HAVE BEEN WORKING 45 HOURS OR MORE A WEEK SINCE I WAS TWENTY, EXCEPT WHEN I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL. THE PAST FIVE HAVE BEEN THE RUFFEST. I GET ON AVERAGE 4 HOURS OF SLEEP A NIGHT. MY BODY HURTS SO BAD I AM ON 30 MLG OF OXYCONTINE A DAY JUST TO BE ABLE TO FUNCTION. I HAVE TWO KIDS AND A WIFE TO TAKE CARE OF BUT I AM AT THE POINT I JUST CANT WORK AND LIVE AT THE SAME TIME. THE DOCTERS WANT ME TO GO ON SSDI AND WORK ABOUT 20 HOURS A WEEK. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INPUT. I AM JUST ABOUT LOST AND DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.

kdmr1220

I AM 37 AND HAVE BEEN WORKING 45 HOURS OR MORE A WEEK SINCE I WAS TWENTY, EXCEPT WHEN I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL. THE PAST FIVE HAVE BEEN THE RUFFEST. I GET ON AVERAGE 4 HOURS OF SLEEP A NIGHT. MY BODY HURTS SO BAD I AM ON 30 MLG OF OXYCONTINE A DAY JUST TO BE ABLE TO FUNCTION. I HAVE TWO KIDS AND A WIFE TO TAKE CARE OF BUT I AM AT THE POINT I JUST CANT WORK AND LIVE AT THE SAME TIME. THE DOCTERS WANT ME TO GO ON SSDI AND WORK ABOUT 20 HOURS A WEEK. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INPUT. I AM JUST ABOUT LOST AND DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.

kdmr1220

kdmr1220

kdmr1220

AnD

I'm sorry you are so run down. Based on what you have said, I would look seriously into doing what your doctor said, and consult with your clinic social worker on what your options are (short term? long term? help with meds, etc....). It sounds like you need a break to get yourself back to a healthy point, and a gameplan change to help you stay that way. Good luck- please keep us updated on how you are doing- I'll pray that you find the answers you need.

There are a lot of people here who know more about this than I do- there should be several people who can give you more specifics, and names and numbers of people to contact.

AnD

I'm sorry you are so run down. Based on what you have said, I would look seriously into doing what your doctor said, and consult with your clinic social worker on what your options are (short term? long term? help with meds, etc....). It sounds like you need a break to get yourself back to a healthy point, and a gameplan change to help you stay that way. Good luck- please keep us updated on how you are doing- I'll pray that you find the answers you need.

There are a lot of people here who know more about this than I do- there should be several people who can give you more specifics, and names and numbers of people to contact.

AnD

AnD

AnD

<br />
<br />There are a lot of people here who know more about this than I do- there should be several people who can give you more specifics, and names and numbers of people to contact.

tara

Deciding to go on disability is a big decision. For those of us that are used to pushing our bodies, it feels like we're cheating, when we finally resign to the fact that we need help. Our job is no longer to provide financial stability, our job is to survive. In my opinion I would contact Beth Sufian to see the benefits of working part time vs not working at all. I made the decision nearly 4 years ago. It took 2 years for me to win my case. Going on SSDI was a lifestyle change. My husband and I made financial decisions as a couple in order to afford the "pay cut" from me working full time to me going on SSDI full time.

Good luck with your decision. Your health should be your primary concern. I hope everything falls into place easily for you.

tara

Deciding to go on disability is a big decision. For those of us that are used to pushing our bodies, it feels like we're cheating, when we finally resign to the fact that we need help. Our job is no longer to provide financial stability, our job is to survive. In my opinion I would contact Beth Sufian to see the benefits of working part time vs not working at all. I made the decision nearly 4 years ago. It took 2 years for me to win my case. Going on SSDI was a lifestyle change. My husband and I made financial decisions as a couple in order to afford the "pay cut" from me working full time to me going on SSDI full time.

Good luck with your decision. Your health should be your primary concern. I hope everything falls into place easily for you.

tara

tara

tara

<br />
<br />Good luck with your decision. Your health should be your primary concern. I hope everything falls into place easily for you.

CaliSally

My short quick answer is: you can't take care of your family if you can't take care of you.

We all need to listen to our body more.
I continued to push myself so much that I was about to have a break-down. I finally decided to quit work and I'm so much less stressed and don't regret my decision. And bottom line, you can always go back to work if you feel you are ready.

In general, bodies that are overworked and overstressed, get sick more often. Please listen to your body. A wise man knows his limitations and is not ashamed to call a time out to "adjust".

Please don't feel like a failure if you do decide to go on disability. That is the wise thing to do, when needed.

Best wishes

CaliSally

My short quick answer is: you can't take care of your family if you can't take care of you.

I continued to push myself so much that I was about to have a break-down. I finally decided to quit work and I'm so much less stressed and don't regret my decision. And bottom line, you can always go back to work if you feel you are ready.

In general, bodies that are overworked and overstressed, get sick more often. Please listen to your body. A wise man knows his limitations and is not ashamed to call a time out to "adjust".

Please don't feel like a failure if you do decide to go on disability. That is the wise thing to do, when needed.

Best wishes

CaliSally

Best wishes

CaliSally

Best wishes

CaliSally

<br />
<br />We all need to listen to our body more.
<br />I continued to push myself so much that I was about to have a break-down. I finally decided to quit work and I'm so much less stressed and don't regret my decision. And bottom line, you can always go back to work if you feel you are ready.
<br />
<br />In general, bodies that are overworked and overstressed, get sick more often. Please listen to your body. A wise man knows his limitations and is not ashamed to call a time out to "adjust".
<br />
<br />Please don't feel like a failure if you do decide to go on disability. That is the wise thing to do, when needed.
<br />
<br />Best wishes