I liked this quote

Mockingbird

Everyone's talking about Sarah Palin since she became John McCain's running mate, and I heard this story on the radio about how she had a child with down syndrome three months ago. The day after the birth, she said this:

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"Trig is beautiful and already adored by us. We knew through early testing he would face special challenges, and we feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives. We have faith that every baby is created for good purpose and has potential to make this world a better place. We are truly blessed."</end quote></div>

Its just nice to hear someone affirm a child still has value even though he or she may have a genetic disease.

Mockingbird

Everyone's talking about Sarah Palin since she became John McCain's running mate, and I heard this story on the radio about how she had a child with down syndrome three months ago. The day after the birth, she said this:

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"Trig is beautiful and already adored by us. We knew through early testing he would face special challenges, and we feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives. We have faith that every baby is created for good purpose and has potential to make this world a better place. We are truly blessed."</end quote></div>

Its just nice to hear someone affirm a child still has value even though he or she may have a genetic disease.

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"Trig is beautiful and already adored by us. We knew through early testing he would face special challenges, and we feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives. We have faith that every baby is created for good purpose and has potential to make this world a better place. We are truly blessed."</end quote>

Mockingbird

<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"Trig is beautiful and already adored by us. We knew through early testing he would face special challenges, and we feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives. We have faith that every baby is created for good purpose and has potential to make this world a better place. We are truly blessed."</end quote>
<br />
<br />Its just nice to hear someone affirm a child still has value even though he or she may have a genetic disease.
<br />

ERINSBIZ

Amen, wow she actually had a baby three months ago with four other children and now is running for VP. She must be superwoman or has a lot of help.

ERINSBIZ

Amen, wow she actually had a baby three months ago with four other children and now is running for VP. She must be superwoman or has a lot of help.

ERINSBIZ

ERINSBIZ

ERINSBIZ

kitomd21

We met with a geneticist when we found out about our delta 508 carrier status. I was 4 mos pregnant with our son and she couldn't stress enough about how we should have an amniocentesis. She was so nonchalant about "terminating" the pregnancy if the testing revealed CF. We told her an amnio wouldn't change anything and that we were already preparing ourselves for CF. Her next comment was, "well, you do know you carry the most severe form for CF" as if to say we were horrible for contemplating having a CF child. Well...Owen doesn't have CF, his little sister does - and we wouldn't change not having had her for anything. God has a plan for her as well as for us....I think it's wonderful that Sarah Palin didn't make the biased decision of who is "good enough" or "worthy" of living.

I do have one question, however. How the heck is she going to manage being a mom of FIVE and running (if not succeeding) as VP??!!! Yikes!

kitomd21

We met with a geneticist when we found out about our delta 508 carrier status. I was 4 mos pregnant with our son and she couldn't stress enough about how we should have an amniocentesis. She was so nonchalant about "terminating" the pregnancy if the testing revealed CF. We told her an amnio wouldn't change anything and that we were already preparing ourselves for CF. Her next comment was, "well, you do know you carry the most severe form for CF" as if to say we were horrible for contemplating having a CF child. Well...Owen doesn't have CF, his little sister does - and we wouldn't change not having had her for anything. God has a plan for her as well as for us....I think it's wonderful that Sarah Palin didn't make the biased decision of who is "good enough" or "worthy" of living.

I do have one question, however. How the heck is she going to manage being a mom of FIVE and running (if not succeeding) as VP??!!! Yikes!

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

<br />
<br />I do have one question, however. How the heck is she going to manage being a mom of FIVE and running (if not succeeding) as VP??!!! Yikes!

Uli

Talking is one thing...and talking like that is easy when you are rich enough to afford other people to take care of your children and housecleaning, cooking...
Sorry, but if she leaves a 3-month-old handicapped child plus her other children at home to take part in politics, that does not at all sound positive to me.

Uli,46, Germany

Uli

Talking is one thing...and talking like that is easy when you are rich enough to afford other people to take care of your children and housecleaning, cooking...
Sorry, but if she leaves a 3-month-old handicapped child plus her other children at home to take part in politics, that does not at all sound positive to me.

Uli,46, Germany

Uli

Uli,46, Germany

Uli

Uli,46, Germany

Uli

<br />Sorry, but if she leaves a 3-month-old handicapped child plus her other children at home to take part in politics, that does not at all sound positive to me.
<br />
<br />Uli,46, Germany