I need help finding someone to give me information on who I should contact for help for CF adult prisoner !!

anonymous

I need help finding someone to give me information on who I should contact for help for CF adult prisoner !!

I'm begging for some input on who I need to contact about my son! He has been in prison in Illinois for 3 years now. They continue to run out of his Pancrease all the time for a week and more.He has not yet recieved any chest therapy since he has been there.I have talked to the warden, didn't do any good!I wrote to the Gov. and he sent it on to the head of the medical for inmates, and it did no good!Does anyone know any body I could contact that might help me!! I feel hopeless I really need help my son is 23 and needs help can any one help me with names or addresses!! Please help me and my son Please!!!!!!!! Eileen Jones

anonymous

RE:I need help finding someone to give me information on who I should contact for help for CF adult prisoner !!

Hi Eileen,

I don't know if anyone has better advise, I hope so. What I would do is contact the doctor who has been caring for you son for his CF and have him write a note of medical necesescity about the chest PT and the enzymes. If that doesn' work, hire a lawyer and get him/her to threaten to sue them for what ever the proper legal name is of not properly medically treating an inmate. I would think that would get them moving....a lawyer seems like the best way to go because they can sue, and take the jail ppl to court. If money is an issue, you can go to the district attorney, which may be a conflict of interest I am not sure. I don't know how the lawyers work that take on your case and only get paid if you get paid.. but you can try that route.

I would think that you might even have a law suit being that they could be what is considered endangering his life....

Good Luck,

Jennifer

32 w/ CF and Addison's disease

JennaB

RE: I need help finding someone to give me information on who I should contact for help for CF adult prisoner !!

That sucks. I am so sorry that this has happened. Is it possible for you to send medicine to him, or for you or a family member to relocate closer to the prison in order to go up there and give chest therapy?

anonymous

RE:I need help finding someone to give me information on who I should contact for help for CF adult prisoner !!

Hi
I can be of no help really. I actually work with victims of crimes.
I was curious though, what he did to get put in prison. I would like to know if you don't mind telling. I just think that CF'ers have such a wreckless lifestyle sometimes because they don't worry about long term consequences. I don't know, it just seems to make sense. (And I know this doesn't apply for everyone...so don't jump down my throat!)

I think you could contact your son's clinic and have them contact the prison's medical staff. If a person were diabetic would they go w/out insilin in prison....I don't think so.

-Dave.

kdub81

sorry about hearing this as i read it i became really mad and angry. this is bull.... maybe we can get a petition or something . something has to be done about this soon. keep me posted thanks im a 24 yr old male with cf thanks . keep cooll

Emily65Roses

This actually makes me very angry too. I'd be willing to write or speak to someone, anyone, if you think it'll help. If you come up with any ideas, let us know. I, for one (thought I don't think I'm alone here), will be happy to help any way I can.

kybert

hello eileen. correct me if im wrong, but i remember you from ages ago when you posted here about your son? maybe that was another person but im pretty sure it was you. anyway, i find it a bit strange that since then you havent gotten anywhere at all. i think people came up with a few ideas. cant remember what they were but you might. did you try any of them? anyway i have no ideas myself. i dont have a clue how american prisons work but they certainly have it in for your son unfortunately. maybe go to the media and human rights groups.

looked back in the posts and now i remember. here it is.. <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=774&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=">http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=774&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=</a>

anonymous

Eileen,

Please email me at isomamanda@yahoo.com. I work for an attorney in Illinois. I do not know what part of Illinois you are in, but please email me. I do not know if we can help, but I am sure my boss can direct you in the right direction if he can not. He knows SEVERAL attorneys that are good attorneys. I have emailed you the information before and I believe I have posted before about this. I am not in the office and have not been for a couple of weeks. I am having some medical problems myself. In fact, I am going in to see a surgeon this afternoon. If you email me directly, I can give you all of the info you need to contact my office. I work for 3 good attorneys.

Sincerely,
Amanda Kay

JazzysMom

I dont know how it works in Illinois, but in New York the prisoners can file a grievance. Granted it is a long process (as is anything dealing with government), but it must be addressed according to the "rights" that the prisoners have. This applies to any prisoners in NY & the grievance can be filed against anyone about anything. My husband is a vocational instructor at a local maximum security prison & has had a few filed against him. None of them went anywhere because the "charges" were not valid, but the prisoner still had the right to file it.

Mockingbird

Hello, skyleen. We've been thinking about you. =-) I guess the lawyer thing didn't work out; I'm sorry to hear that. =-( But, i'm also glad to know Josh is still alive. You said he keeps running out of pancrease... I remember at first he couldn't get any at all! Hopefully things will continue to improve... slow as they may be. Is he still not allowed to see a doctor? i hope he is, at least maybe the prision would be more willing to listen to a doctor.

S

SeasonsOfLove

I'm grasping at straws here, but perhaps you should try getting someone in the media involved - either try locally, or even better, try one of those evening newsmagazine shows like Dateline? It's worth a try. Good luck,