I need some input and support desperately!!!

JazzysMom

IMMEDIATELY I think of allergies.

Have you had any allergy testing done? I mean skin test...not just the blood work.

SOOOO many CFers lose lung function from unknown or undiagnosed allergies.

I would seriously look into this before jumping into tx!

JazzysMom

Have you had any allergy testing done? I mean skin test...not just the blood work.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Have you had any allergy testing done? I mean skin test...not just the blood work.
<br />
<br />SOOOO many CFers lose lung function from unknown or undiagnosed allergies.
<br />
<br />I would seriously look into this before jumping into tx!

coltsfan715

Jeff,

I was just reading your list of meds and treatment schedules and had a thought. I am post transplant myself but I remember when I started having difficulty my doc tried me taking pulmozyme twice a day versus the once a day I had been taking it. I had several issues with the pulmo twice a day that I never had when I took it once a day. I had shortness of breathe and would cough up blood streaked sputum. We switched me back to once a day pulmo and the issues went away.

Not sure if you have always taken pulmo twice a day but if you have and it seems like you are slowly having more and more issues maybe you could talk to your doc about fiddling with your treatment regimen. I am not saying that is definitely the issue but we can have some strange reactions to meds.

I also had issues with TOBI where I would get extreme shortness of breathe when I was on it for 1 full month. My doc pre transplant switched it up and had me taking TOBI for 2 weeks and then an oral abx for 2 weeks instead of the 1 month on 1 month off it was 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

Also what are you culturing? Is there another oral abx that your doc could put you on as a maintenance drug? I know they did that with me for a while and it really helped for quite sometime.

I agree with Mel about the allergy track as well it is worth checking out.

I will make another post in regards to the transplant stuff too.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Jeff,

I was just reading your list of meds and treatment schedules and had a thought. I am post transplant myself but I remember when I started having difficulty my doc tried me taking pulmozyme twice a day versus the once a day I had been taking it. I had several issues with the pulmo twice a day that I never had when I took it once a day. I had shortness of breathe and would cough up blood streaked sputum. We switched me back to once a day pulmo and the issues went away.

Not sure if you have always taken pulmo twice a day but if you have and it seems like you are slowly having more and more issues maybe you could talk to your doc about fiddling with your treatment regimen. I am not saying that is definitely the issue but we can have some strange reactions to meds.

I also had issues with TOBI where I would get extreme shortness of breathe when I was on it for 1 full month. My doc pre transplant switched it up and had me taking TOBI for 2 weeks and then an oral abx for 2 weeks instead of the 1 month on 1 month off it was 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

Also what are you culturing? Is there another oral abx that your doc could put you on as a maintenance drug? I know they did that with me for a while and it really helped for quite sometime.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Jeff,

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Jeff,

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Jeff,
<br />
<br />I was just reading your list of meds and treatment schedules and had a thought. I am post transplant myself but I remember when I started having difficulty my doc tried me taking pulmozyme twice a day versus the once a day I had been taking it. I had several issues with the pulmo twice a day that I never had when I took it once a day. I had shortness of breathe and would cough up blood streaked sputum. We switched me back to once a day pulmo and the issues went away.
<br />
<br />Not sure if you have always taken pulmo twice a day but if you have and it seems like you are slowly having more and more issues maybe you could talk to your doc about fiddling with your treatment regimen. I am not saying that is definitely the issue but we can have some strange reactions to meds.
<br />
<br />I also had issues with TOBI where I would get extreme shortness of breathe when I was on it for 1 full month. My doc pre transplant switched it up and had me taking TOBI for 2 weeks and then an oral abx for 2 weeks instead of the 1 month on 1 month off it was 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.
<br />
<br />Also what are you culturing? Is there another oral abx that your doc could put you on as a maintenance drug? I know they did that with me for a while and it really helped for quite sometime.
<br />
<br />I agree with Mel about the allergy track as well it is worth checking out.
<br />
<br />I will make another post in regards to the transplant stuff too.
<br />
<br />Lindsey

coltsfan715

Wanted to put out there that if you want personal experiences with transplant this site, transplantbuddies.org and cf2chat.com are great places to check out. There are a wide variety of people on all 3 sites and some people do not go to all 3 sites.

If you are wanting more official information - I would say talk to your doc and set up an introductory appt with a transplant center. I was unsure if I wanted to pursue transplant and had my doc set up an appointment for me and I went and asked them tons of questions and got a ton of information to add to what I had gathered through talking to people. It took me a few weeks after that appointment to make up my mind but I decided for transplant.

I will offer the words of advice that my doc gave me. He referred me to the transplant center early (or so he thought) because he said it is easier to make the decision when you are not under dire stress and in dire need of the transplant. He was right I was able to take my time instead of needing to know within hours what I wanted to do. I ended up going downhill very fast once I started slipping so it worked out that he referred me when he did because within about a month of my 1st appt at the transplant center I was on O2 fulltime and having a hard time with oh ... everything. I was evaluated and transplanted within 6 weeks and in that 6 weeks my lung function had decreased about 7-8% even though I was on IV abx for about 3-4 weeks of that 6 weeks.

If you want to talk about anything with the transplant stuff I am pretty open about it and you can email me whenever. My email address is divawithwings@gmail.com

Either way whatever you decide I with you the best. I hope you are able to find another means to get well right now, but if transplant is where this path leads you I pray it comes out well for you. It is a tough road but it is completely worth it - at least to me.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Wanted to put out there that if you want personal experiences with transplant this site, transplantbuddies.org and cf2chat.com are great places to check out. There are a wide variety of people on all 3 sites and some people do not go to all 3 sites.

If you are wanting more official information - I would say talk to your doc and set up an introductory appt with a transplant center. I was unsure if I wanted to pursue transplant and had my doc set up an appointment for me and I went and asked them tons of questions and got a ton of information to add to what I had gathered through talking to people. It took me a few weeks after that appointment to make up my mind but I decided for transplant.

I will offer the words of advice that my doc gave me. He referred me to the transplant center early (or so he thought) because he said it is easier to make the decision when you are not under dire stress and in dire need of the transplant. He was right I was able to take my time instead of needing to know within hours what I wanted to do. I ended up going downhill very fast once I started slipping so it worked out that he referred me when he did because within about a month of my 1st appt at the transplant center I was on O2 fulltime and having a hard time with oh ... everything. I was evaluated and transplanted within 6 weeks and in that 6 weeks my lung function had decreased about 7-8% even though I was on IV abx for about 3-4 weeks of that 6 weeks.

If you want to talk about anything with the transplant stuff I am pretty open about it and you can email me whenever. My email address is divawithwings@gmail.com

Either way whatever you decide I with you the best. I hope you are able to find another means to get well right now, but if transplant is where this path leads you I pray it comes out well for you. It is a tough road but it is completely worth it - at least to me.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />If you are wanting more official information - I would say talk to your doc and set up an introductory appt with a transplant center. I was unsure if I wanted to pursue transplant and had my doc set up an appointment for me and I went and asked them tons of questions and got a ton of information to add to what I had gathered through talking to people. It took me a few weeks after that appointment to make up my mind but I decided for transplant.
<br />
<br />I will offer the words of advice that my doc gave me. He referred me to the transplant center early (or so he thought) because he said it is easier to make the decision when you are not under dire stress and in dire need of the transplant. He was right I was able to take my time instead of needing to know within hours what I wanted to do. I ended up going downhill very fast once I started slipping so it worked out that he referred me when he did because within about a month of my 1st appt at the transplant center I was on O2 fulltime and having a hard time with oh ... everything. I was evaluated and transplanted within 6 weeks and in that 6 weeks my lung function had decreased about 7-8% even though I was on IV abx for about 3-4 weeks of that 6 weeks.
<br />
<br />If you want to talk about anything with the transplant stuff I am pretty open about it and you can email me whenever. My email address is divawithwings@gmail.com
<br />
<br />Either way whatever you decide I with you the best. I hope you are able to find another means to get well right now, but if transplant is where this path leads you I pray it comes out well for you. It is a tough road but it is completely worth it - at least to me.
<br />
<br />Lindsey