I never thought anything was the matter with my son

Gnome

But on my son's throat swab it came back for Influenza Flu. I knew he had a touch of the stomach flu one day and he has had this almost low grade cough the last few days. The cough deceived me because he would cough like maybe 4 times a day and it wasn't much if any mucus. It wasn't like any other cough he had had up to this point. I was keeping an eye on it but I wasn't overly concerned yet.

The routine throat swab at the clinic which we just happened to be at last week found this. We are on 3 weeks of antibiotics now.

Gnome

But on my son's throat swab it came back for Influenza Flu. I knew he had a touch of the stomach flu one day and he has had this almost low grade cough the last few days. The cough deceived me because he would cough like maybe 4 times a day and it wasn't much if any mucus. It wasn't like any other cough he had had up to this point. I was keeping an eye on it but I wasn't overly concerned yet.

The routine throat swab at the clinic which we just happened to be at last week found this. We are on 3 weeks of antibiotics now.

Gnome

Gnome

Gnome

<br />
<br />The routine throat swab at the clinic which we just happened to be at last week found this. We are on 3 weeks of antibiotics now.

babyluke

Luke came back positive for influenza when he was diagnosed at 3 months. In fact they almost didn't think they needed to go through with the sweat test because they just thought it was the flu. Thank God they did! Anyway, just wanted to tell you that he recovered really quickly. Hope your son is doing well!

babyluke

Luke came back positive for influenza when he was diagnosed at 3 months. In fact they almost didn't think they needed to go through with the sweat test because they just thought it was the flu. Thank God they did! Anyway, just wanted to tell you that he recovered really quickly. Hope your son is doing well!

babyluke

babyluke

babyluke

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Was it H. Flu (Haemophilus_influenzae)? If so, it's different from influenza a and H1n1. DS used to culture this as a baby. Never had any symptoms except sometimes a stuffy nose. So it'd throw me for a loop because he had no symptoms. He cultured it off and on until he was 2 1/2 when he was started on azithromycin on a daily basis.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Was it H. Flu (Haemophilus_influenzae)? If so, it's different from influenza a and H1n1. DS used to culture this as a baby. Never had any symptoms except sometimes a stuffy nose. So it'd throw me for a loop because he had no symptoms. He cultured it off and on until he was 2 1/2 when he was started on azithromycin on a daily basis.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Gnome

You know Ratatosk I don't know if it was H. Flu. I don't think so. This is another story but the CF nurse was rather abrupt with me (she is new and is not the most personable person). I asked her twice for the type of Flu because I like to look it up. But she very quickly told me the name and wasn't very interested that I got the exact one.

Gnome

You know Ratatosk I don't know if it was H. Flu. I don't think so. This is another story but the CF nurse was rather abrupt with me (she is new and is not the most personable person). I asked her twice for the type of Flu because I like to look it up. But she very quickly told me the name and wasn't very interested that I got the exact one.

Gnome

Gnome

Gnome

<br />