I really need help for my son

kdmr1220

My son has been offered from people to people to be a student ambassador on a 20 day educational trip to australia. My son mikey has gone above and beyond what is asked of a 13 year old, let alone being the son to a father with cf. If it wasnt for him and my other son I wouldnt have had anything to fight for and still be alive. What I am looking for, does anyone have any suggestions on fund raising ideas or a program I could get ahold of to help with his expenses? This will be a once in a lifetime oppertunity for him and I told him that somehow, someway he will be on that plane for all he has done for me. Thanks everyone We all appreciate the help and hope I dont offend anyone by asking for help, Kevin.

kdmr1220

My son has been offered from people to people to be a student ambassador on a 20 day educational trip to australia. My son mikey has gone above and beyond what is asked of a 13 year old, let alone being the son to a father with cf. If it wasnt for him and my other son I wouldnt have had anything to fight for and still be alive. What I am looking for, does anyone have any suggestions on fund raising ideas or a program I could get ahold of to help with his expenses? This will be a once in a lifetime oppertunity for him and I told him that somehow, someway he will be on that plane for all he has done for me. Thanks everyone We all appreciate the help and hope I dont offend anyone by asking for help, Kevin.

kdmr1220

kdmr1220

kdmr1220

CFkitty

Check the laws in your area for fund raising (there may be rules about what kind of event you can have, how you collect the money, a special type of bank account, etc.). Since it's not him that has CF, I'm not sure of any type of programs, but you can start with your family and friends and stay off the radar, or get the school/community involved in participating in a fund raiser.

CFkitty

Check the laws in your area for fund raising (there may be rules about what kind of event you can have, how you collect the money, a special type of bank account, etc.). Since it's not him that has CF, I'm not sure of any type of programs, but you can start with your family and friends and stay off the radar, or get the school/community involved in participating in a fund raiser.

CFkitty

CFkitty

CFkitty

rpcvchina

It sounds like People to People? I've had several students travel with that program. There are fundraisers he can do by selling candy for $1 each. There are full kits for it. Search on school fundraising. Some are for groups, others are individual. Also, ask the organization itself for ideas. The most successful groups at our school sell pizza for $1 per slice right after school. It depends on what the school will allow.

rpcvchina

It sounds like People to People? I've had several students travel with that program. There are fundraisers he can do by selling candy for $1 each. There are full kits for it. Search on school fundraising. Some are for groups, others are individual. Also, ask the organization itself for ideas. The most successful groups at our school sell pizza for $1 per slice right after school. It depends on what the school will allow.

rpcvchina

rpcvchina

rpcvchina

K

kfw1963

You can also tell all family members that instead of gifts for birthday, christmas etc... they can donate money towards his trip. Maybe he can do small jobs in the neighborhood to earn some money as well. Many times an elderly person or a couple that both work would welcome the opportunity to have the lawn mowed or raked. Just a couple suggestions.

K

kfw1963

You can also tell all family members that instead of gifts for birthday, christmas etc... they can donate money towards his trip. Maybe he can do small jobs in the neighborhood to earn some money as well. Many times an elderly person or a couple that both work would welcome the opportunity to have the lawn mowed or raked. Just a couple suggestions.

K

kfw1963

K

kfw1963

K

kfw1963