IbuprofenTherapy

bobanny

Ok. I have a question. What is the therapy for? I've never heard of Ibpr. therapy. Are you concerned that the IB will cause stomach issues down the road?

bobanny

Ok. I have a question. What is the therapy for? I've never heard of Ibpr. therapy. Are you concerned that the IB will cause stomach issues down the road?

bobanny

bobanny

bobanny

pnhuffman

My CF doctor has Austin on Ibuprofen therapy because it is supposed to help with inflammation. He said it was to help patients between the ages of 6 through puberty. but, I have heard of others still taking it later on in life.

Someone else might be able to explain it a little better. Sorry!

pnhuffman

My CF doctor has Austin on Ibuprofen therapy because it is supposed to help with inflammation. He said it was to help patients between the ages of 6 through puberty. but, I have heard of others still taking it later on in life.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

CaliSally

I use anti inflammatory because of my arthritis (probably caused by CF inflammation).
Here is what the pharmacologist on my cf team wrote me (an adult) about AI therapy:
<b><i>High dose ibuprofen (~ 1000 mg twice daily) reduces inflammation and improves lung function in CF patients with mild lung disease; however, experimental data showed that lower doses may actually increase inflammation. Therefore, it is possible that you could feel worse on ibuprofen therapy. We do not use much chronic ibuprofen therapy because of concerns for hemoptysis and risk of kidney failure.</i></b>

He mentions the kidneys becauee he is dealing with adults, who have probably had their kidneys over worked in general.

This is all I know about actual AI therapy.

CaliSally

I use anti inflammatory because of my arthritis (probably caused by CF inflammation).
Here is what the pharmacologist on my cf team wrote me (an adult) about AI therapy:
<b><i>High dose ibuprofen (~ 1000 mg twice daily) reduces inflammation and improves lung function in CF patients with mild lung disease; however, experimental data showed that lower doses may actually increase inflammation. Therefore, it is possible that you could feel worse on ibuprofen therapy. We do not use much chronic ibuprofen therapy because of concerns for hemoptysis and risk of kidney failure.</i></b>

He mentions the kidneys becauee he is dealing with adults, who have probably had their kidneys over worked in general.

CaliSally

CaliSally

CaliSally