Ichthyosis and cystic fibrosis diagnose and sweat test IMPORtant..

glory

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">my son was tested at three months old and nine years old and then at thirteen..At three months they told me they were sure he had it and would probably not live to be two years old..The other couples child came back positive and died a month later.....he is now 25 and has been sick for the past year...They just figured out that his rare skin disease ichthyosis messed the sweat test up all these previous times...he tested border line then they did a dna search for the gene and he came back with one abnormal but they do not know yet the subtype and he also came back positive on last sweat test...I am still trying to digest the fact that he has had cf all these years. i am not sure i am glad now that i did not know all these years or wish i had known...Unfortunately he smokes and is now in the midst of trying to quit...He weights nothing and hopefully this will change shortly also..So i hope that i can spread the fact that if your child does have any unusual skin diseases they can interfere with the test...<div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); "><br></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">ESPECIALLY ICHTHYOSIS ......</div>

glory

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">my son was tested at three months old and nine years old and then at thirteen..At three months they told me they were sure he had it and would probably not live to be two years old..The other couples child came back positive and died a month later.....he is now 25 and has been sick for the past year...They just figured out that his rare skin disease ichthyosis messed the sweat test up all these previous times...he tested border line then they did a dna search for the gene and he came back with one abnormal but they do not know yet the subtype and he also came back positive on last sweat test...I am still trying to digest the fact that he has had cf all these years. i am not sure i am glad now that i did not know all these years or wish i had known...Unfortunately he smokes and is now in the midst of trying to quit...He weights nothing and hopefully this will change shortly also..So i hope that i can spread the fact that if your child does have any unusual skin diseases they can interfere with the test...<span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); "><br><span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">ESPECIALLY ICHTHYOSIS ......

glory

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">my son was tested at three months old and nine years old and then at thirteen..At three months they told me they were sure he had it and would probably not live to be two years old..The other couples child came back positive and died a month later.....he is now 25 and has been sick for the past year...They just figured out that his rare skin disease ichthyosis messed the sweat test up all these previous times...he tested border line then they did a dna search for the gene and he came back with one abnormal but they do not know yet the subtype and he also came back positive on last sweat test...I am still trying to digest the fact that he has had cf all these years. i am not sure i am glad now that i did not know all these years or wish i had known...Unfortunately he smokes and is now in the midst of trying to quit...He weights nothing and hopefully this will change shortly also..So i hope that i can spread the fact that if your child does have any unusual skin diseases they can interfere with the test...<span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); "><br><span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">ESPECIALLY ICHTHYOSIS ......

Beccamom

I was wondering how his sweat test came back positive after all these years. My daughter has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome which is a connective tissue disorder that affects the skin and joints. Her sweat test is negative, her nasal potential difference test 1 positive adn 1 negative, and she has 1 known Cf gene. She is treated for CF and doing very well, but I wonder if her negative sweat test is from EDS affecting her skin. How could I research this further?

Beccamom

I was wondering how his sweat test came back positive after all these years. My daughter has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome which is a connective tissue disorder that affects the skin and joints. Her sweat test is negative, her nasal potential difference test 1 positive adn 1 negative, and she has 1 known Cf gene. She is treated for CF and doing very well, but I wonder if her negative sweat test is from EDS affecting her skin. How could I research this further?