If you could ask Congress

JoanneS

We are very lucky in the U.S. But many people don't realize it. We have some of the best health care in this country. Comparatively to Canada, UK, Germany etc. who have socialized medicine, we are making leaps and bounds on new therapies, equipment, treatments that doctors and researches are so excited about working on. In those socialized countries, they can't do the work they want or need to do. They are limited in what money they spend, their salary, and they sit on their fannys mad as heck. Many of the great researchers, doctors, surgeons come to U. S. because they can practice for the good of the PEOPLE, not the good of GOVERNMENT.

So my words to congress - We don't need this socialized medicine. Just look at history, the answer is right there. Some countries that have socialized medicine are looking at what the U.S. has in health care and are recreating their system to match ours.....we are such a silly bunch to want this outrageous change the present President is pushing for. CFers, under a policy by this "idiot", you will be given a second thought. No new meds, treatments, you basically will be seen as a drain on the U.S. and the sooner you die, the better.

Joanne

JoanneS

We are very lucky in the U.S. But many people don't realize it. We have some of the best health care in this country. Comparatively to Canada, UK, Germany etc. who have socialized medicine, we are making leaps and bounds on new therapies, equipment, treatments that doctors and researches are so excited about working on. In those socialized countries, they can't do the work they want or need to do. They are limited in what money they spend, their salary, and they sit on their fannys mad as heck. Many of the great researchers, doctors, surgeons come to U. S. because they can practice for the good of the PEOPLE, not the good of GOVERNMENT.

So my words to congress - We don't need this socialized medicine. Just look at history, the answer is right there. Some countries that have socialized medicine are looking at what the U.S. has in health care and are recreating their system to match ours.....we are such a silly bunch to want this outrageous change the present President is pushing for. CFers, under a policy by this "idiot", you will be given a second thought. No new meds, treatments, you basically will be seen as a drain on the U.S. and the sooner you die, the better.

Joanne

JoanneS

Joanne

JoanneS

Joanne

JoanneS

<br />
<br />So my words to congress - We don't need this socialized medicine. Just look at history, the answer is right there. Some countries that have socialized medicine are looking at what the U.S. has in health care and are recreating their system to match ours.....we are such a silly bunch to want this outrageous change the present President is pushing for. CFers, under a policy by this "idiot", you will be given a second thought. No new meds, treatments, you basically will be seen as a drain on the U.S. and the sooner you die, the better.
<br />
<br />Joanne

babyluke

I think I would ask them to use common sense. This new health care bill is hundreds (maybe close to thousands, I'm not sure) of pages long and contains things that are not even pertinent (and some down right unacceptable) to most Americans. Why can't we fix some of the obvious? Like not allowing insurance companies to exclude those with a pre existing condition. We hold our breath every time cut backs are announced at my husband's job because we live in fear that if he loses his job and actually manages to find another one, that the new health insurance will refuse to cover Luke. And the caps for coverage. We have a 2 million dollar cap (that all of my husbands dependents have to share). It seems high until you figure that Luke is only two and has already spent close to 100,000 of that cap. We pay 6,200 a year for our coverage, not including out of pocket expenses and plus my husband's employer pays a portion of our premiums. Now in our case, given the extreme expenses of Luke's CF treatments, we consider ourselves lucky to have the coverage and to not have to pay everything out of pocket;others making far less than him are paying the same amounts for their premiums. It just does not seem right that it should be so unbalanced that a family gives most of their pay check just to have insurance.
I am not the least bit politically savy. I don't understand half of what is said on the news some nights! But I just think that at some point a little common sense could prevail and something could be done that actually helps real people.

babyluke

I think I would ask them to use common sense. This new health care bill is hundreds (maybe close to thousands, I'm not sure) of pages long and contains things that are not even pertinent (and some down right unacceptable) to most Americans. Why can't we fix some of the obvious? Like not allowing insurance companies to exclude those with a pre existing condition. We hold our breath every time cut backs are announced at my husband's job because we live in fear that if he loses his job and actually manages to find another one, that the new health insurance will refuse to cover Luke. And the caps for coverage. We have a 2 million dollar cap (that all of my husbands dependents have to share). It seems high until you figure that Luke is only two and has already spent close to 100,000 of that cap. We pay 6,200 a year for our coverage, not including out of pocket expenses and plus my husband's employer pays a portion of our premiums. Now in our case, given the extreme expenses of Luke's CF treatments, we consider ourselves lucky to have the coverage and to not have to pay everything out of pocket;others making far less than him are paying the same amounts for their premiums. It just does not seem right that it should be so unbalanced that a family gives most of their pay check just to have insurance.
I am not the least bit politically savy. I don't understand half of what is said on the news some nights! But I just think that at some point a little common sense could prevail and something could be done that actually helps real people.

babyluke

babyluke

babyluke

<br />I am not the least bit politically savy. I don't understand half of what is said on the news some nights! But I just think that at some point a little common sense could prevail and something could be done that actually helps real people.

ymikhale

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JoanneS</b></i>

Joanne</end quote></div>

This is not the main topic but I thought I would comment from the patent's viewpoint. Having lived in both US and Europe, I came to the conclusion that none of the healthcare systems is better than the other. In the US everything is money driven, the appointments are almost timed b/c the doctors have piles of medical school debts to pay off. Some tests are not performed for insurance reasons and sometimes it is even hard to get referral. All the sophisticated technology made the doctors forget how to think and see the patient as a whole and not just as a collection of organs.This is detrimental to the patients with complex chronic diseases.I experienced that myself: they never figured out what was wrong with me in spite of all the equipment and technology. On the positive side, on does probably have more choice and options.

In socialized medicine the positive side is that the appointments last as long they need to, I never feel pressured to wrap up when seeing my daughter's CF doctor. Also we are lucky to deal only with doctors when my dd is sick, I NEVER speak to a nurse when it comes to her healthcare. Also we have a RT who makes house calls to do CPT, so I don't have to wonder if she is getting congested, an infection is brewing etc. And of course we don't have all these insurance issues. On the negative side, the healthcae system is overburdened, so you need to stand your ground and sometimes be pushy to get things moving, and the facilities are not shining new.

So I guess the perfect system lies somewhere in between, at least from the patient's standpoint.

ymikhale

Joanne</end quote></div>

This is not the main topic but I thought I would comment from the patent's viewpoint. Having lived in both US and Europe, I came to the conclusion that none of the healthcare systems is better than the other. In the US everything is money driven, the appointments are almost timed b/c the doctors have piles of medical school debts to pay off. Some tests are not performed for insurance reasons and sometimes it is even hard to get referral. All the sophisticated technology made the doctors forget how to think and see the patient as a whole and not just as a collection of organs.This is detrimental to the patients with complex chronic diseases.I experienced that myself: they never figured out what was wrong with me in spite of all the equipment and technology. On the positive side, on does probably have more choice and options.

In socialized medicine the positive side is that the appointments last as long they need to, I never feel pressured to wrap up when seeing my daughter's CF doctor. Also we are lucky to deal only with doctors when my dd is sick, I NEVER speak to a nurse when it comes to her healthcare. Also we have a RT who makes house calls to do CPT, so I don't have to wonder if she is getting congested, an infection is brewing etc. And of course we don't have all these insurance issues. On the negative side, the healthcae system is overburdened, so you need to stand your ground and sometimes be pushy to get things moving, and the facilities are not shining new.

So I guess the perfect system lies somewhere in between, at least from the patient's standpoint.

ymikhale

Joanne</end quote></div>

ymikhale

Joanne</end quote>

ymikhale

<br />
<br />We are very lucky in the U.S. But many people don't realize it. We have some of the best health care in this country. Comparatively to Canada, UK, Germany etc. who have socialized medicine, we are making leaps and bounds on new therapies, equipment, treatments that doctors and researches are so excited about working on. In those socialized countries, they can't do the work they want or need to do. They are limited in what money they spend, their salary, and they sit on their fannys mad as heck. Many of the great researchers, doctors, surgeons come to U. S. because they can practice for the good of the PEOPLE, not the good of GOVERNMENT.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />So my words to congress - We don't need this socialized medicine. Just look at history, the answer is right there. Some countries that have socialized medicine are looking at what the U.S. has in health care and are recreating their system to match ours.....we are such a silly bunch to want this outrageous change the present President is pushing for. CFers, under a policy by this "idiot", you will be given a second thought. No new meds, treatments, you basically will be seen as a drain on the U.S. and the sooner you die, the better.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Joanne</end quote>
<br />
<br />This is not the main topic but I thought I would comment from the patent's viewpoint. Having lived in both US and Europe, I came to the conclusion that none of the healthcare systems is better than the other. In the US everything is money driven, the appointments are almost timed b/c the doctors have piles of medical school debts to pay off. Some tests are not performed for insurance reasons and sometimes it is even hard to get referral. All the sophisticated technology made the doctors forget how to think and see the patient as a whole and not just as a collection of organs.This is detrimental to the patients with complex chronic diseases.I experienced that myself: they never figured out what was wrong with me in spite of all the equipment and technology. On the positive side, on does probably have more choice and options.
<br />
<br />In socialized medicine the positive side is that the appointments last as long they need to, I never feel pressured to wrap up when seeing my daughter's CF doctor. Also we are lucky to deal only with doctors when my dd is sick, I NEVER speak to a nurse when it comes to her healthcare. Also we have a RT who makes house calls to do CPT, so I don't have to wonder if she is getting congested, an infection is brewing etc. And of course we don't have all these insurance issues. On the negative side, the healthcae system is overburdened, so you need to stand your ground and sometimes be pushy to get things moving, and the facilities are not shining new.
<br />
<br />So I guess the perfect system lies somewhere in between, at least from the patient's standpoint.