if you hd a g-tube removed

amber682

My daughter has had her tube out for about 8 days. Its bandaged with gauze. About once or maybe twice a day, there'll be a dime sized spot on the gauze (formula?) but it doesn't even soak through all the layers of the gauze.

Just wondering how long they usually take to totally heal up.

amber682

My daughter has had her tube out for about 8 days. Its bandaged with gauze. About once or maybe twice a day, there'll be a dime sized spot on the gauze (formula?) but it doesn't even soak through all the layers of the gauze.

amber682

amber682

amber682

<br />
<br />Just wondering how long they usually take to totally heal up.

M

Mommafirst

I don't really know for sure, because Alyssa still has hers, but I remember our surgeon telling us that some kid's stomas will heal up and close within hours and others need to be surgically closed.

M

Mommafirst

I don't really know for sure, because Alyssa still has hers, but I remember our surgeon telling us that some kid's stomas will heal up and close within hours and others need to be surgically closed.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommy2Zeke

I've heard as well that they can close up in minutes or have to be surgically closed, but I don't think it's out of the ordinary that your daughter is still having a bit of leaking- it would be more concerning if it was soaking through all the gauze completely. It is technically still a wound that will take time to heal. I say give it another week. If she's still leaking some then, I would go see a doc. Hope all goes well.

M

Mommy2Zeke

I've heard as well that they can close up in minutes or have to be surgically closed, but I don't think it's out of the ordinary that your daughter is still having a bit of leaking- it would be more concerning if it was soaking through all the gauze completely. It is technically still a wound that will take time to heal. I say give it another week. If she's still leaking some then, I would go see a doc. Hope all goes well.

M

Mommy2Zeke

M

Mommy2Zeke

M

Mommy2Zeke

cfgirl1992

I had my gtube removed about 10 years ago. The scar closed to a certain extent after a few months but it is still very visible. I have started looking into getting it surgically fixed so it is less visible.

cfgirl1992

I had my gtube removed about 10 years ago. The scar closed to a certain extent after a few months but it is still very visible. I have started looking into getting it surgically fixed so it is less visible.

cfgirl1992

cfgirl1992

cfgirl1992