i'm gonna pout

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Irishgal</b></i>

One thing that always helps me are zinc tablets/coldeeze/ Ask your doc if they are approved for pregnancy. If you take them right away at first sign of a cold & take one about every 4 hours, they may help. It always helps me. I hope you can try that. Drink some hot tea (lemon) to try & thin the mucus too.

</end quote></div>

I don't know about zinc or zicam, but I do kow that coldeeze is not OK - too much vitamin A.

Hot tea - yes! you can also eat some raw garlic (if you can stomach it - you need to dice it up pretty well)

wanderlost

One thing that always helps me are zinc tablets/coldeeze/ Ask your doc if they are approved for pregnancy. If you take them right away at first sign of a cold & take one about every 4 hours, they may help. It always helps me. I hope you can try that. Drink some hot tea (lemon) to try & thin the mucus too.

</end quote></div>

I don't know about zinc or zicam, but I do kow that coldeeze is not OK - too much vitamin A.

Hot tea - yes! you can also eat some raw garlic (if you can stomach it - you need to dice it up pretty well)

wanderlost

</end quote></div>

wanderlost

</end quote>

wanderlost

</end quote>

S

semperfiohana

i just called my ob's office cause i'm about to rip my own nose off and the nurse said to stick with tylenol cold and sinus cause they know that's safe. gah! i just want it to go away now! i'm a big baby! stupid colds! thanks for the input guys!

S

semperfiohana

i just called my ob's office cause i'm about to rip my own nose off and the nurse said to stick with tylenol cold and sinus cause they know that's safe. gah! i just want it to go away now! i'm a big baby! stupid colds! thanks for the input guys!

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Don't have CF, but when I was pregnant I had a horrible sinus infection, bronchitis -- sudafed, tylenol were okay and I believe the doctor told me to take an expectorant, too... You may want to check to see if that's okay to help thin the junk so you can get rid of it. Otherwise, slept a lot, pushed the liquids and made sure I steamed up the bathroom -- ran the water awhile before getting in.

Another thing to watch out for during pregnancy is TOO much Vitamin C!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Don't have CF, but when I was pregnant I had a horrible sinus infection, bronchitis -- sudafed, tylenol were okay and I believe the doctor told me to take an expectorant, too... You may want to check to see if that's okay to help thin the junk so you can get rid of it. Otherwise, slept a lot, pushed the liquids and made sure I steamed up the bathroom -- ran the water awhile before getting in.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member