Im scared to have a family...someday...

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>littlemisskris16</b></i>

Hi Everyone,

This topic could not have come at a better time! I was just recently sick with a cold, and one of my inlaws made a comment, asking, if I had a baby how would I take care of me and the baby? I was upset at first, thinking I could do it!! Than thinking a few days into it, I was like Oh crap.. how <i>would</i> I do it? This spiraled into, How in the heck <i>are</i> we going to do this?

We are not pregnant yet, but all these emotions that I thought about before are coming up again. I wish I had a clear cut answer. In dealing with CF, I know there is never a real clear cut answer. We have to do what is best for our family.

For us, we are going to try for a baby and than leave in the hands of a higher being. I have to rest assure that what is meant to be, will be..

Just my 2 cents..

Kristy

31 NY'er with CF/rD</end quote></div>

When my daughter was little she had bronchitis. I was still working full time then & she wasnt sleeping without being on me. We got through that & a few other issues. Then the time came when we had to officially decide if she would be our only one.

I was tormented over it until she got sick with a cold. I then caught the cold & that is when I realized that although I got through her other illnesses with no problem that I wouldnt always be that lucky. At that very moment I could not imagine having her, my health AND another baby to care for.

It actually scared me. Even tho there is a part of me that would want another, I wouldnt do it unless my CF didnt exist.

So many people take becoming a parent for granted & then there are those like us that just have to mutter through all these thoughts!!

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>littlemisskris16</b></i>

Hi Everyone,

This topic could not have come at a better time! I was just recently sick with a cold, and one of my inlaws made a comment, asking, if I had a baby how would I take care of me and the baby? I was upset at first, thinking I could do it!! Than thinking a few days into it, I was like Oh crap.. how <i>would</i> I do it? This spiraled into, How in the heck <i>are</i> we going to do this?

We are not pregnant yet, but all these emotions that I thought about before are coming up again. I wish I had a clear cut answer. In dealing with CF, I know there is never a real clear cut answer. We have to do what is best for our family.

For us, we are going to try for a baby and than leave in the hands of a higher being. I have to rest assure that what is meant to be, will be..

Just my 2 cents..

Kristy

When my daughter was little she had bronchitis. I was still working full time then & she wasnt sleeping without being on me. We got through that & a few other issues. Then the time came when we had to officially decide if she would be our only one.

I was tormented over it until she got sick with a cold. I then caught the cold & that is when I realized that although I got through her other illnesses with no problem that I wouldnt always be that lucky. At that very moment I could not imagine having her, my health AND another baby to care for.

It actually scared me. Even tho there is a part of me that would want another, I wouldnt do it unless my CF didnt exist.

So many people take becoming a parent for granted & then there are those like us that just have to mutter through all these thoughts!!

JazzysMom

Hi Everyone,

Just my 2 cents..

Kristy

JazzysMom

Hi Everyone,

Just my 2 cents..

Kristy

31 NY'er with CF/rD</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Hi Everyone,
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />This topic could not have come at a better time! I was just recently sick with a cold, and one of my inlaws made a comment, asking, if I had a baby how would I take care of me and the baby? I was upset at first, thinking I could do it!! Than thinking a few days into it, I was like Oh crap.. how <i>would</i> I do it? This spiraled into, How in the heck <i>are</i> we going to do this?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />We are not pregnant yet, but all these emotions that I thought about before are coming up again. I wish I had a clear cut answer. In dealing with CF, I know there is never a real clear cut answer. We have to do what is best for our family.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />For us, we are going to try for a baby and than leave in the hands of a higher being. I have to rest assure that what is meant to be, will be..
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Just my 2 cents..
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Kristy
<br />
<br />31 NY'er with CF/rD</end quote>
<br />
<br />When my daughter was little she had bronchitis. I was still working full time then & she wasnt sleeping without being on me. We got through that & a few other issues. Then the time came when we had to officially decide if she would be our only one.
<br />
<br />I was tormented over it until she got sick with a cold. I then caught the cold & that is when I realized that although I got through her other illnesses with no problem that I wouldnt always be that lucky. At that very moment I could not imagine having her, my health AND another baby to care for.
<br />
<br />
<br />It actually scared me. Even tho there is a part of me that would want another, I wouldnt do it unless my CF didnt exist.
<br />
<br />So many people take becoming a parent for granted & then there are those like us that just have to mutter through all these thoughts!!

hailtayl

I completely know what you're saying! I've struggled with that decision all my life. And up until about a year ago, I was pretty sure that I wouldn't ever even try getting pregnant. I just didn't feel like it was worth the risk. But recently I've completely changed my mind. It's like someone else said, there are no guarantees in life AT ALL. You run the risk of not having a healthy child or not outliving your child whether you have CF or not. Either way. So, I would say just keep an open mind about it. The way you feel about it right now could very well change by the time you have to make that decision. I know that was true in my case! And please don't think that it's not something you should even consider just because other people have told you that. Again, for me, I think that was part of the reason I was so hesitant about the whole thing most of my life. When the time comes, remember that it's YOUR life and it's YOUR decision. Anyway, hope this helps. =)

hailtayl

I completely know what you're saying! I've struggled with that decision all my life. And up until about a year ago, I was pretty sure that I wouldn't ever even try getting pregnant. I just didn't feel like it was worth the risk. But recently I've completely changed my mind. It's like someone else said, there are no guarantees in life AT ALL. You run the risk of not having a healthy child or not outliving your child whether you have CF or not. Either way. So, I would say just keep an open mind about it. The way you feel about it right now could very well change by the time you have to make that decision. I know that was true in my case! And please don't think that it's not something you should even consider just because other people have told you that. Again, for me, I think that was part of the reason I was so hesitant about the whole thing most of my life. When the time comes, remember that it's YOUR life and it's YOUR decision. Anyway, hope this helps. =)

hailtayl

hailtayl

hailtayl