In for a few days...

rhonda21

hi there, are your pft's high and is your weight good? do you have kids? im new here just getting to know you guys. my daughter is doing well pft's are 64 so i like to hear how you guys are doing so i can tell her the good news...she is stubborn sometimes, doesnt do enzymes often and was just diagnosed with mrsa(we think) or mssa? dont know she does this without me sometimes.

rhonda21

hi there, are your pft's high and is your weight good? do you have kids? im new here just getting to know you guys. my daughter is doing well pft's are 64 so i like to hear how you guys are doing so i can tell her the good news...she is stubborn sometimes, doesnt do enzymes often and was just diagnosed with mrsa(we think) or mssa? dont know she does this without me sometimes.

rhonda21

rhonda21

rhonda21

NYCLawGirl

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Aside from some port-related complications (now totally resolved, thank God!), everything is going great. Less sleep than usual as is clear from the timing of this post, but no complaints overall. I should be out tomorrow or Thursday. Yay for short stays!

Rhonda, I'm sorry to say I don't have much to offer in way of inspiration on the PFT or weight front. My PFTs are about 40% and I'm going through the transplant eval early b/c of weight and infection issues. I'm not married and I have no children. What I can say is that I continue to work full time as a lawyer and live alone in the city with an active social life. For me those things are huge. I'm honestly really fulfilled, despite my CF, and I am really proud of being able to do what I do. Not that I don't admire CFers who choose not to work for health or other reasons...I definitely do recognize the choices they are making for family and health and think it is wonderful. But for me I think my greatest CF success story (beyond staying healthy for a very long time with severe mutations and infections) is just being able to live my life. Hopefully that makes sense on some level.

Good luck to you and your daughter. It's always fun to meet the newbies on here.

NYCLawGirl

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Aside from some port-related complications (now totally resolved, thank God!), everything is going great. Less sleep than usual as is clear from the timing of this post, but no complaints overall. I should be out tomorrow or Thursday. Yay for short stays!

Rhonda, I'm sorry to say I don't have much to offer in way of inspiration on the PFT or weight front. My PFTs are about 40% and I'm going through the transplant eval early b/c of weight and infection issues. I'm not married and I have no children. What I can say is that I continue to work full time as a lawyer and live alone in the city with an active social life. For me those things are huge. I'm honestly really fulfilled, despite my CF, and I am really proud of being able to do what I do. Not that I don't admire CFers who choose not to work for health or other reasons...I definitely do recognize the choices they are making for family and health and think it is wonderful. But for me I think my greatest CF success story (beyond staying healthy for a very long time with severe mutations and infections) is just being able to live my life. Hopefully that makes sense on some level.

Good luck to you and your daughter. It's always fun to meet the newbies on here.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />Rhonda, I'm sorry to say I don't have much to offer in way of inspiration on the PFT or weight front. My PFTs are about 40% and I'm going through the transplant eval early b/c of weight and infection issues. I'm not married and I have no children. What I can say is that I continue to work full time as a lawyer and live alone in the city with an active social life. For me those things are huge. I'm honestly really fulfilled, despite my CF, and I am really proud of being able to do what I do. Not that I don't admire CFers who choose not to work for health or other reasons...I definitely do recognize the choices they are making for family and health and think it is wonderful. But for me I think my greatest CF success story (beyond staying healthy for a very long time with severe mutations and infections) is just being able to live my life. Hopefully that makes sense on some level.
<br />
<br />Good luck to you and your daughter. It's always fun to meet the newbies on here.