In search of insight..

Laetitia

Hi All,Hoping you might be able to help me out. I'm the sibling of a CF child and I'm also a Neuro-Linguistic Programmer (psychology type stuff). My sister recently passed but I remember vividly my sister continuously saying "no one understands" and "I dont want to talk to 'hospital doctors or counsellors', they're full of crap". It seemed as though, even though she knew help was out of reach (her lung transplant didnt come in time), she just wanted someone to listen. Listen properly. So in order to a) help myself grieve and b) help others with CF and/or CF relatives and friends I thought I would target my NLP skills towards CF patients. I was hoping that maybe I could talk to some of you to get a personal insight into what it REALLY is like having CF and what, if anything, would help you deal with the issues that CF presents. Unfortunately, I didnt take the time while my sister was alive to make the most of understanding it, but that is my regret which I have to live with... and which I hope to make amends to some degree by being able to be there in some capacity for other CF's and their families.ThanksL

AbsintheSorrow

I'm open with most of the non-CFers (especially those who have/had family member CFers) that come on here looking for personal information or insight. IM me anytime. AbsintheSorrowOr email me if you like. AbsintheSorrow@yahoo.com

anonymous

Dear LaetitiaI would like to talk to you to. I have used the words "no one understands" many times. I have a friend who thinks that as long as I ride my exercise bike all is well, but he doesn't understand that no matter how often or how long I ride that bike it will not reverse the damage to my lungs and it will not prevent further damage from happening. He is one of those people that your sister was talking about.My email is dave.rogerson@sympatico.caI am also on msn messanger as well.I am 29 years old and was not diagnosed with CF until I was 22.

anonymous

Dear Laetitia,I know how your sister felt. I do have other cf'ers to talk to and that helps a great deal, because we know what it's like even if at times we go through something that the other hasn't yet experienced. But i wouldn't mind talking with you. It would be nice to have someone out there other than other cf'ers who could understand!Email me at CfCndlelady@aol.comCaren 31 w/cf

anonymous

hi, i would be very interested to talk to you, i've recently been refered for transplant assessment and was very shocked about it. i havent been taking it very well, anyway i'd love to talk to someone who isnt family or friends because they just worry! thanks, my email is sazireland@hotmail.com