In your experience does insurance co cover Ivf for CF carriers ?

croomabu

Hello,

as always thanking you in advance for the great insights on this site..

so.. my husband and I carry the CF gene..our daughter has CF she is 16 mths and doing great ( knocking on wood)

we are thinking about another child and it appears our insurance would cover IVF and PGD given the "medical necessity" ..but I am not sure we are quite ready just now..however we may have to change jobs and therefore health insurance in about a year .

i would be very interested in learning if this is normal practice for Insurance companies or if i shouldn't look this "gift horse" in the mouth ..just not comfortable with the "one in four" gamble outside of IVF..

cheers !!

-------------------------
croomabu

croomabu

Hello,

as always thanking you in advance for the great insights on this site..

so.. my husband and I carry the CF gene..our daughter has CF she is 16 mths and doing great ( knocking on wood)

we are thinking about another child and it appears our insurance would cover IVF and PGD given the "medical necessity" ..but I am not sure we are quite ready just now..however we may have to change jobs and therefore health insurance in about a year .

i would be very interested in learning if this is normal practice for Insurance companies or if i shouldn't look this "gift horse" in the mouth ..just not comfortable with the "one in four" gamble outside of IVF..

cheers !!

-------------------------
croomabu

croomabu

Hello,
<br />
<br />as always thanking you in advance for the great insights on this site..
<br />
<br />.
<br />so.. my husband and I carry the CF gene..our daughter has CF she is 16 mths and doing great ( knocking on wood)
<br />
<br />we are thinking about another child and it appears our insurance would cover IVF and PGD given the "medical necessity" ..but I am not sure we are quite ready just now..however we may have to change jobs and therefore health insurance in about a year .
<br />
<br />i would be very interested in learning if this is normal practice for Insurance companies or if i shouldn't look this "gift horse" in the mouth ..just not comfortable with the "one in four" gamble outside of IVF..
<br />
<br />
<br />cheers !!
<br />
<br />-------------------------
<br />croomabu