Increased Cough

Giggles

So I stopped Cayston for awhile cause I felt like it was not keeping me clear and lots of increased coughing. Went back to Tobra.... Now started back on Cayston and the coughing is increased again. But I mean, how do you REALLY know it is the Cayston that is not a good option and TOBRA is better or I just have a bug or increased bacteria that I always grow is happening. Yes, I can do the sputum culture and see but how do you really know it is the med that is not working out well.....<br>

Giggles

So I stopped Cayston for awhile cause I felt like it was not keeping me clear and lots of increased coughing. Went back to Tobra.... Now started back on Cayston and the coughing is increased again. But I mean, how do you REALLY know it is the Cayston that is not a good option and TOBRA is better or I just have a bug or increased bacteria that I always grow is happening. Yes, I can do the sputum culture and see but how do you really know it is the med that is not working out well.....<br>

Giggles

Giggles

Yeah, Cayston worked wonders for me in the beginning and thought it was a wonder drug. I was on TOBI forever and it seemed to  loose its punch. Now Cayston just makes me have increased cough. So I am going back to tobra..... Ugh!<br>

Giggles

Yeah, Cayston worked wonders for me in the beginning and thought it was a wonder drug. I was on TOBI forever and it seemed to loose its punch. Now Cayston just makes me have increased cough. So I am going back to tobra..... Ugh!<br>

Giggles

Yeah, Cayston worked wonders for me in the beginning and thought it was a wonder drug. I was on TOBI forever and it seemed to loose its punch. Now Cayston just makes me have increased cough. So I am going back to tobra..... Ugh!<br>

randmel89

I was on and off again and ect ect I keep trying it because so many people say it is the best. But this last time I tried it I was on my 5th day and it increased my cough so much I started coughing up blood not just streaking. My DR told me it is not worth it to be coughing like that. She pulled me off and told me go back to TOBI or just continue with normal treatments but to stop Cayston. So, I have decided for my own health to stop Cayston and never try it again.

randmel89

I was on and off again and ect ect I keep trying it because so many people say it is the best. But this last time I tried it I was on my 5th day and it increased my cough so much I started coughing up blood not just streaking. My DR told me it is not worth it to be coughing like that. She pulled me off and told me go back to TOBI or just continue with normal treatments but to stop Cayston. So, I have decided for my own health to stop Cayston and never try it again.

randmel89

cfddmmc

Cayston made me cough like crazy too, not at first, but the more I used it.  You have got to trust yourself on this, its probably the Cayston.

cfddmmc

Cayston made me cough like crazy too, not at first, but the more I used it. You have got to trust yourself on this, its probably the Cayston.

cfddmmc

<BR>Cayston made me cough like crazy too, not at first, but the more I used it. You have got to trust yourself on this, its probably the Cayston.

kwcf50

Interesting...we're all different. When I tried Tobi many years ago it caused repeated hemoptsis...cups of blood and decided it was not worth it. Retried when they reformulated without preservatives...same issue. Funny I always thought it tasted like tequilla! The Cayston, however, did not cause any real problems for me like that. Only problem with Cayston is after being on it since it was FDA approved my PA is now resistant. Back to Colisten or IVs. I am participating in a Mpex Levaquin study next month...see it that helps. For now on nothing but good old exercise, albuterol and pulmozyme.

Stay classy CFers!

Kay, 50 cf, PA dF508,3272-26A>G

kwcf50

Interesting...we're all different. When I tried Tobi many years ago it caused repeated hemoptsis...cups of blood and decided it was not worth it. Retried when they reformulated without preservatives...same issue. Funny I always thought it tasted like tequilla! The Cayston, however, did not cause any real problems for me like that. Only problem with Cayston is after being on it since it was FDA approved my PA is now resistant. Back to Colisten or IVs. I am participating in a Mpex Levaquin study next month...see it that helps. For now on nothing but good old exercise, albuterol and pulmozyme.

Stay classy CFers!

Kay, 50 cf, PA dF508,3272-26A>G

kwcf50

<br />
<br />Stay classy CFers!
<br />
<br />Kay, 50 cf, PA dF508,3272-26A>G

Giggles

Yeah I was on TOBI forever then could not get through  my off months so I started Colistin on off months and all was good but then my TOBI months were not so great. So started Cayston when it came out with alternating Coli. Cayston was great at first and then about a year later or really 6 months or so of being on it cause it is every other month, I got increased coughing while on Cayston. So NOW I am back to the Tobra/Coli combo..... Ugh, what a game figuring things out......<br>

Giggles

Yeah I was on TOBI forever then could not get through my off months so I started Colistin on off months and all was good but then my TOBI months were not so great. So started Cayston when it came out with alternating Coli. Cayston was great at first and then about a year later or really 6 months or so of being on it cause it is every other month, I got increased coughing while on Cayston. So NOW I am back to the Tobra/Coli combo..... Ugh, what a game figuring things out......<br>