Infant in hospital from MI surgery with ileostomy, Waiting for 'reconnection'...

ashmomo

I am so glad to have this website and be able to read other stories that relate! My daughter was born May 6 and is still in the hospital recovering from MI surgery. She also has an ileostomy and I am told they will be reconnecting around the 25 of this month. ...my first daughter was also in for 3 weeks (not as long as this time and no surgery, but still rough). I am having a hard time with this one cuz it is such a long time and knowing she has to have another surgery is devestating!
They said she has a 'micro colon' so they have started to take the digested food out of her ostomy bag and are feeding that through her bottom half (mucous fistula) to 'train' her colon. I guess it is something quite new and hasn't been done much, but it makes perfect sense.
I am pumping and she is receiving my breastmilk...she is only getting a small amount (she is now up to 15ml every 3 hours) She is dependent on her IV.
My little one is also having problem with a nasty wet cough. She is being treated with Pulmozyme, Albuteral, and TOBI. Antibiotics were not helping so they discontinued those for a while but have now started another. It sounds terrible and she coughs up alot of thick snotty mucous after her 3 nebs and chest pt all at one time. And now she has Thrust too so she is being treated for that. Soo much for such a little thing! Anyone can check out her blog at <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://jordinlyn.blogspot.com">http://jordinlyn.blogspot.com</a> She is adorable!

ashmomo

I am so glad to have this website and be able to read other stories that relate! My daughter was born May 6 and is still in the hospital recovering from MI surgery. She also has an ileostomy and I am told they will be reconnecting around the 25 of this month. ...my first daughter was also in for 3 weeks (not as long as this time and no surgery, but still rough). I am having a hard time with this one cuz it is such a long time and knowing she has to have another surgery is devestating!
They said she has a 'micro colon' so they have started to take the digested food out of her ostomy bag and are feeding that through her bottom half (mucous fistula) to 'train' her colon. I guess it is something quite new and hasn't been done much, but it makes perfect sense.
I am pumping and she is receiving my breastmilk...she is only getting a small amount (she is now up to 15ml every 3 hours) She is dependent on her IV.
My little one is also having problem with a nasty wet cough. She is being treated with Pulmozyme, Albuteral, and TOBI. Antibiotics were not helping so they discontinued those for a while but have now started another. It sounds terrible and she coughs up alot of thick snotty mucous after her 3 nebs and chest pt all at one time. And now she has Thrust too so she is being treated for that. Soo much for such a little thing! Anyone can check out her blog at <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://jordinlyn.blogspot.com">http://jordinlyn.blogspot.com</a> She is adorable!

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />They said she has a 'micro colon' so they have started to take the digested food out of her ostomy bag and are feeding that through her bottom half (mucous fistula) to 'train' her colon. I guess it is something quite new and hasn't been done much, but it makes perfect sense.
<br />I am pumping and she is receiving my breastmilk...she is only getting a small amount (she is now up to 15ml every 3 hours) She is dependent on her IV.
<br />My little one is also having problem with a nasty wet cough. She is being treated with Pulmozyme, Albuteral, and TOBI. Antibiotics were not helping so they discontinued those for a while but have now started another. It sounds terrible and she coughs up alot of thick snotty mucous after her 3 nebs and chest pt all at one time. And now she has Thrust too so she is being treated for that. Soo much for such a little thing! Anyone can check out her blog at <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://jordinlyn.blogspot.com">http://jordinlyn.blogspot.com</a> She is adorable!

JazzysMom

Welcome to the Site!

Congrats on your new addition. It sounds like your family is going through a rough time right now.

We have many members who kids have been through what your baby is going through. I dont have any experience as I wasnt dx until I was 7.

I just stopped by to you welcome you & offer a HUG!

JazzysMom

Welcome to the Site!

Congrats on your new addition. It sounds like your family is going through a rough time right now.

We have many members who kids have been through what your baby is going through. I dont have any experience as I wasnt dx until I was 7.

JazzysMom

Welcome to the Site!

JazzysMom

Welcome to the Site!

JazzysMom

Welcome to the Site!
<br />
<br />Congrats on your new addition. It sounds like your family is going through a rough time right now.
<br />
<br />We have many members who kids have been through what your baby is going through. I dont have any experience as I wasnt dx until I was 7.
<br />
<br />I just stopped by to you welcome you & offer a HUG!

S

sdelorenzo

Congratulations on the birth of Jordin! Sounds like a challenging time for you guys. It only gets better from here!
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, 4 months no cf
our website - fightingcf.com

S

sdelorenzo

Congratulations on the birth of Jordin! Sounds like a challenging time for you guys. It only gets better from here!

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf, Grant, 4 months no cf
<br />our website - fightingcf.com

ashmomo

They just reconnected her today! It has been 6 1/2 weeks. They also removed her appendix. They said she doesn't need it and the people with CF are more likely to get appendicitis, so they should just take it out now. She handled the surgery well and is in some pain but doing very well. She's a tough little gal! Now we wait on feeding...

ashmomo

They just reconnected her today! It has been 6 1/2 weeks. They also removed her appendix. They said she doesn't need it and the people with CF are more likely to get appendicitis, so they should just take it out now. She handled the surgery well and is in some pain but doing very well. She's a tough little gal! Now we wait on feeding...

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo