Infection after transplant

CountryGirl

Hey. I got my transplant in July 07 and I ended up getting Aspergillus around January of that year, and that was my first infection. They just started me on some antifungals, one orally and the other inhaled, Amphitaracin (however you spell it). It seemed to work really well, havent had a problem with it since.

CountryGirl

Hey. I got my transplant in July 07 and I ended up getting Aspergillus around January of that year, and that was my first infection. They just started me on some antifungals, one orally and the other inhaled, Amphitaracin (however you spell it). It seemed to work really well, havent had a problem with it since.

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

kbquincy

Hi, I got my lungs in August 2008. I have had several fungal infections. They gave me VFEND and it seems to be doing the trick. GOod luck! Kim

kbquincy

Hi, I got my lungs in August 2008. I have had several fungal infections. They gave me VFEND and it seems to be doing the trick. GOod luck! Kim

kbquincy

kbquincy

kbquincy

Marjolein

I had a bacterial lung infection last Februari and they started me on antibiotics, orally. Luckily it did the trick, sputumculture that came back a few days later told us that it was no CF-bacteria.

I had a fungal lung infection a month post transplant, they put me on Itraconasol for that. They started me on 2x200mg but because my kidneyfunction was getting worse really fast they lowered the dose to 2x100mg.

Just last week I finished a 10 day course of Cipro for a sinus infection that got into my bronchii and a little into my lungs.

Marjolein

I had a bacterial lung infection last Februari and they started me on antibiotics, orally. Luckily it did the trick, sputumculture that came back a few days later told us that it was no CF-bacteria.

I had a fungal lung infection a month post transplant, they put me on Itraconasol for that. They started me on 2x200mg but because my kidneyfunction was getting worse really fast they lowered the dose to 2x100mg.

Just last week I finished a 10 day course of Cipro for a sinus infection that got into my bronchii and a little into my lungs.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />
<br />I had a fungal lung infection a month post transplant, they put me on Itraconasol for that. They started me on 2x200mg but because my kidneyfunction was getting worse really fast they lowered the dose to 2x100mg.
<br />
<br />Just last week I finished a 10 day course of Cipro for a sinus infection that got into my bronchii and a little into my lungs.