Inflammation & CF.

thelizardqueen

I've noticed lately, that my hands are starting to become inflamed. First thing in the morning, when I get out of the shower, I put two rings on that I wear daily. They're always a bit loose on me when I first put them on. By mid-day, I notice that the rings are tight, and barely move around on my finger. As the day keeps progressing, they get tighter and tighter. I'm a curious kitty. Do any of you have inflammation problems with your hands? If so, what do you do for that? Is this a common thing? I know that when it's cold or damp out, my wrists ache to the point that I have to wear a wrist guard for my right wrist. I've complained about this to my doctor, and he says it's nothing. I'm thinking maybe the beginning stages of arthritis? A student doctor informed me while I was in hospital last time, that he seems to think it might be a problem CFers have.

thelizardqueen

I've noticed lately, that my hands are starting to become inflamed. First thing in the morning, when I get out of the shower, I put two rings on that I wear daily. They're always a bit loose on me when I first put them on. By mid-day, I notice that the rings are tight, and barely move around on my finger. As the day keeps progressing, they get tighter and tighter. I'm a curious kitty. Do any of you have inflammation problems with your hands? If so, what do you do for that? Is this a common thing? I know that when it's cold or damp out, my wrists ache to the point that I have to wear a wrist guard for my right wrist. I've complained about this to my doctor, and he says it's nothing. I'm thinking maybe the beginning stages of arthritis? A student doctor informed me while I was in hospital last time, that he seems to think it might be a problem CFers have.

thelizardqueen

thelizardqueen

thelizardqueen

bagged2drag

Sounds like arthritis to me. Who is your doc to say it's not a big deal. It doesn't bother him, no. But it does bother you so he should be receptive to trying something out. My doc isn't a whole lot better, as I have similar issues, hands, wrists, knees, mainly. Ask him about trying an arthritis medication, Celebrex works for a lot of people. If you are allergic to sulfa you have very few choices, and none of them are very good, so hopefully that's not an issue. I've seen quite a few people on the forums talking about an anti-inflammatory diet, which may be worth checking out.

Good luck.

bagged2drag

Sounds like arthritis to me. Who is your doc to say it's not a big deal. It doesn't bother him, no. But it does bother you so he should be receptive to trying something out. My doc isn't a whole lot better, as I have similar issues, hands, wrists, knees, mainly. Ask him about trying an arthritis medication, Celebrex works for a lot of people. If you are allergic to sulfa you have very few choices, and none of them are very good, so hopefully that's not an issue. I've seen quite a few people on the forums talking about an anti-inflammatory diet, which may be worth checking out.

Good luck.

bagged2drag

Good luck.

bagged2drag

Good luck.

bagged2drag

Good luck.

thelizardqueen

I'm sooo allergic to anything sulfa. Even getting off the floor from my knees is hard on me. I joke and tell my friends that I'm an old woman, but it feels oh so true...

thelizardqueen

I'm sooo allergic to anything sulfa. Even getting off the floor from my knees is hard on me. I joke and tell my friends that I'm an old woman, but it feels oh so true...

thelizardqueen

thelizardqueen

thelizardqueen

bagged2drag

That sucks that you are allergic to sulfa, we are both in the same boat. It really limits options for arthritis meds. Odd thing is, most don't actually have sulfa in them, but if a person is allergic to sulfa, they will have a reaction to the arthritis meds (cox2 inhibitors). I hope you and your doc figure something out.

bagged2drag

That sucks that you are allergic to sulfa, we are both in the same boat. It really limits options for arthritis meds. Odd thing is, most don't actually have sulfa in them, but if a person is allergic to sulfa, they will have a reaction to the arthritis meds (cox2 inhibitors). I hope you and your doc figure something out.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag