Information about the vest?

nicole781

We went to the clinic for Alexa's 1 year visit, and I brought up the topic to her doctor and RT. They told us that they don't like to put children aas young as her in the vest, b/c it scares them, and makes them fight it as they get older.

I don't think that I buy this, and I would love to have more info on young children using the vest, so I can bring it to them in August at her next visit.

Anyone know where to find something like this?

nicole781

We went to the clinic for Alexa's 1 year visit, and I brought up the topic to her doctor and RT. They told us that they don't like to put children aas young as her in the vest, b/c it scares them, and makes them fight it as they get older.

I don't think that I buy this, and I would love to have more info on young children using the vest, so I can bring it to them in August at her next visit.

nicole781

nicole781

nicole781

<br />
<br />I don't think that I buy this, and I would love to have more info on young children using the vest, so I can bring it to them in August at her next visit.
<br />
<br />Anyone know where to find something like this?

just1more

While our son is 6, he is mentally 2.5 and frankly, I can't imagine not having his vest.

They didn't 'use' them in CA (at least not for foster kids ~!@#$).

However, he has never been 'scared', if you introduce well I would think it is interesting or even fun as he loves making funny noises. You don't want to shake them to death, but they vary in intensity so you would just start off soft.

Hope they will go along with you, if the parent wants to try, they should be supporting you; not fighting.

just my 0.02 worth

just1more

While our son is 6, he is mentally 2.5 and frankly, I can't imagine not having his vest.

However, he has never been 'scared', if you introduce well I would think it is interesting or even fun as he loves making funny noises. You don't want to shake them to death, but they vary in intensity so you would just start off soft.

Hope they will go along with you, if the parent wants to try, they should be supporting you; not fighting.

just my 0.02 worth

just1more

just my 0.02 worth

just1more

just my 0.02 worth

just1more

<br />
<br />They didn't 'use' them in CA (at least not for foster kids ~!@#$).
<br />
<br />However, he has never been 'scared', if you introduce well I would think it is interesting or even fun as he loves making funny noises. You don't want to shake them to death, but they vary in intensity so you would just start off soft.
<br />
<br />Hope they will go along with you, if the parent wants to try, they should be supporting you; not fighting.
<br />
<br />just my 0.02 worth

shimmereestar

My daughter is 7 months old and they are already talking about the vest for her. Our CF nurse said Respirtech incourage system makes a vest for our little ones. I talked with a respirtech rep and she said that her chest has to measure at 16 1/2. Ellie does measure the full 16 1/2 (we actually thought she had a long way to go before she measured that but she's actually there) but we are going to wait a couple of more months just to put a few extra pounds on her (She's just under 16 lbs). I'm starting to research a little bit more because she moves so much during CPT now. I really can't wait to get her in a vest.

shimmereestar

My daughter is 7 months old and they are already talking about the vest for her. Our CF nurse said Respirtech incourage system makes a vest for our little ones. I talked with a respirtech rep and she said that her chest has to measure at 16 1/2. Ellie does measure the full 16 1/2 (we actually thought she had a long way to go before she measured that but she's actually there) but we are going to wait a couple of more months just to put a few extra pounds on her (She's just under 16 lbs). I'm starting to research a little bit more because she moves so much during CPT now. I really can't wait to get her in a vest.

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

NoExcuses

nicole, ask your clinic to get in contact with the man who invented the Vest (Dr. Warwick).

They'll find that the vest is used at an extremely young age.

for more info you can contact Respirtech at www.respirtech.com

NoExcuses

nicole, ask your clinic to get in contact with the man who invented the Vest (Dr. Warwick).

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />They'll find that the vest is used at an extremely young age.
<br />
<br />for more info you can contact Respirtech at www.respirtech.com