Information Hard to Get

B

bdd9623

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to research CF, Sweat Test results, percentages, etc. but can only find the same basic information on each website. Can anyone give me some new places to search that have more specific info - like percentages on borderline sweat tests, gene mutation types, differences between serious cases and mild cases, etc.

Thanks to all and hope you all had a great holiday weekend.

B

bdd9623

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to research CF, Sweat Test results, percentages, etc. but can only find the same basic information on each website. Can anyone give me some new places to search that have more specific info - like percentages on borderline sweat tests, gene mutation types, differences between serious cases and mild cases, etc.

B

bdd9623

Hi everyone,

B

bdd9623

Hi everyone,

B

bdd9623

Hi everyone,
<br />
<br />I have been trying to research CF, Sweat Test results, percentages, etc. but can only find the same basic information on each website. Can anyone give me some new places to search that have more specific info - like percentages on borderline sweat tests, gene mutation types, differences between serious cases and mild cases, etc.
<br />
<br />Thanks to all and hope you all had a great holiday weekend.

just1more

You are not going to find many specifics/details on CF.

There are several reasons, but the biggest are that 1) CF is still impacts a very small % of our society 2) CF is very dynamic and no two cases are ever alike; thus is it very difficult to draw assumptions. In the end, what information there is of a detailed level, is going to be buried in medical journals and unless you have access and the knowledge base to decipher them it won't be much good.

If you have specific questions feel free to post them here, most likely if there is an answer, somebody will know it or be able to locate it. Likewise, if you ask a question for which there is not a known answer; you will get that as well.

I know I didn't answer your question, per se. But there are just so many variables; there is no way to answer everything. I could envision 100+ pages of posts just to answer the couple of topics you touched upon (sweat tests, mutation types, disease severity).

Just so you understand (if you don't already) it is possible for siblings, with the exact same mutations, same parents, same treatment plans, same attention to detail in their care to have DRASTICALLY different outcomes. So whatever you do find online, take it with a grain of salt.

just1more

There are several reasons, but the biggest are that 1) CF is still impacts a very small % of our society 2) CF is very dynamic and no two cases are ever alike; thus is it very difficult to draw assumptions. In the end, what information there is of a detailed level, is going to be buried in medical journals and unless you have access and the knowledge base to decipher them it won't be much good.

If you have specific questions feel free to post them here, most likely if there is an answer, somebody will know it or be able to locate it. Likewise, if you ask a question for which there is not a known answer; you will get that as well.

I know I didn't answer your question, per se. But there are just so many variables; there is no way to answer everything. I could envision 100+ pages of posts just to answer the couple of topics you touched upon (sweat tests, mutation types, disease severity).

Just so you understand (if you don't already) it is possible for siblings, with the exact same mutations, same parents, same treatment plans, same attention to detail in their care to have DRASTICALLY different outcomes. So whatever you do find online, take it with a grain of salt.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />There are several reasons, but the biggest are that 1) CF is still impacts a very small % of our society 2) CF is very dynamic and no two cases are ever alike; thus is it very difficult to draw assumptions. In the end, what information there is of a detailed level, is going to be buried in medical journals and unless you have access and the knowledge base to decipher them it won't be much good.
<br />
<br />If you have specific questions feel free to post them here, most likely if there is an answer, somebody will know it or be able to locate it. Likewise, if you ask a question for which there is not a known answer; you will get that as well.
<br />
<br />I know I didn't answer your question, per se. But there are just so many variables; there is no way to answer everything. I could envision 100+ pages of posts just to answer the couple of topics you touched upon (sweat tests, mutation types, disease severity).
<br />
<br />Just so you understand (if you don't already) it is possible for siblings, with the exact same mutations, same parents, same treatment plans, same attention to detail in their care to have DRASTICALLY different outcomes. So whatever you do find online, take it with a grain of salt.

B

bdd9623

Thanks for responding. I had a feeling that would be my answer. It is just the waiting stinks and I just wanted to know how many have sweat tests of 56 and don't (or do) have CF. We pretty much ruled everything else out (ie thyroid issues)

I am not a patient person

B

bdd9623

Thanks for responding. I had a feeling that would be my answer. It is just the waiting stinks and I just wanted to know how many have sweat tests of 56 and don't (or do) have CF. We pretty much ruled everything else out (ie thyroid issues)

B

bdd9623

B

bdd9623

B

bdd9623

<br />
<br />I am not a patient person

just1more

I know the feeling, I am a A-Type person so waiting on anything kills me, much less a test this important.

Crossing fingers they get results sooner than expected...

just1more

I know the feeling, I am a A-Type person so waiting on anything kills me, much less a test this important.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />Crossing fingers they get results sooner than expected...