inhaled tobi question

S

semperfiohana

not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i'm going to give it a whirl. i tried doing the inhaled tobi when i was in junior high school and it gave me awful headaches. i've told the doctor's this repeatedly, they don't seem to believe me because i can tolerate tobi through an iv. they've pretty much given me no other choice but to try the inhaled tobi again to try and boost my numbers some before they go to the next step which of course is iv's. i've been on it for a week and i'm having the same awful headaches. i'm 14 weeks pregnant now so i don't want to have to take tylenol everyday (even taking the tylenol it only works for about 4 hours and then the headache is back). i'm very frustrated at my doctors because i can tolerate gentamicin, but they want to use tobi instead. and because i can tolerate the gentamicin they don't believe me about the tobi because they are so closely related. i'm just wondering if anyone else has had problems with getting headaches with tobi. thanks guys!

S

semperfiohana

not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i'm going to give it a whirl. i tried doing the inhaled tobi when i was in junior high school and it gave me awful headaches. i've told the doctor's this repeatedly, they don't seem to believe me because i can tolerate tobi through an iv. they've pretty much given me no other choice but to try the inhaled tobi again to try and boost my numbers some before they go to the next step which of course is iv's. i've been on it for a week and i'm having the same awful headaches. i'm 14 weeks pregnant now so i don't want to have to take tylenol everyday (even taking the tylenol it only works for about 4 hours and then the headache is back). i'm very frustrated at my doctors because i can tolerate gentamicin, but they want to use tobi instead. and because i can tolerate the gentamicin they don't believe me about the tobi because they are so closely related. i'm just wondering if anyone else has had problems with getting headaches with tobi. thanks guys!

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

Rudyrose

The TOBI says it is not recommended for use during pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding. I would more likely question that.

Rudyrose

The TOBI says it is not recommended for use during pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding. I would more likely question that.

Rudyrose

Rudyrose

Rudyrose

S

semperfiohana

i did question it. it just kills me to take anything beyond what i have to to survive right now. tobi is a class c. my sister works with the county back home and she has a huge book that has all the medicines in it and what class they are and what their side effects are and i had her look up tobi and it can cause deafness, which that is better than me getting super super sick and having to deliver way too earlier. and with iv's they would give me tobi and fortaz and the fortaz has only been tested in mice and the only thing they have shown is infertility. and with iv's they use a lower dose than normal or at least that's what my doctor's told me.

S

semperfiohana

i did question it. it just kills me to take anything beyond what i have to to survive right now. tobi is a class c. my sister works with the county back home and she has a huge book that has all the medicines in it and what class they are and what their side effects are and i had her look up tobi and it can cause deafness, which that is better than me getting super super sick and having to deliver way too earlier. and with iv's they would give me tobi and fortaz and the fortaz has only been tested in mice and the only thing they have shown is infertility. and with iv's they use a lower dose than normal or at least that's what my doctor's told me.

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana