Inhaled Vancomycin

IVWinchester79

So, Colistin wasn't doing anything for me. My doc is thinking about putting me on inhaled Vanco.<br><br>Who's on it? Opinions? Was it good? Did it suck? What's it like? Does it also have to be reconstituted? because if it does, I'm going to rip my hair out. Just any info or experiences you can offer.<br><br>I'm starting Cayston when I get home, so I have a month to hear your opinions and think it over.

IVWinchester79

So, Colistin wasn't doing anything for me. My doc is thinking about putting me on inhaled Vanco.<br><br>Who's on it? Opinions? Was it good? Did it suck? What's it like? Does it also have to be reconstituted? because if it does, I'm going to rip my hair out. Just any info or experiences you can offer.<br><br>I'm starting Cayston when I get home, so I have a month to hear your opinions and think it over.

IVWinchester79

My daughter has been on it for MRSA. We got powder vials of it with vials of sterile water. We put a certain amt. of sterile water (with a needle) into the vanco vial and shook it. When it was mixed well it was pulled out of the vial with a needle and we put it in the nebulizer after she did Albuterol, Pulmozyme, and Hyper-sal. It turns into a powder again when it hits the airways, sometimes before. She had a "powder nose". She was 3, so we were using a mask, then and she was breathing through her nose a lot during treatments. She had some bronchiospasms from it, but her sputum cultures were clear within two weeks.

My daughter has been on it for MRSA. We got powder vials of it with vials of sterile water. We put a certain amt. of sterile water (with a needle) into the vanco vial and shook it. When it was mixed well it was pulled out of the vial with a needle and we put it in the nebulizer after she did Albuterol, Pulmozyme, and Hyper-sal. It turns into a powder again when it hits the airways, sometimes before. She had a "powder nose". She was 3, so we were using a mask, then and she was breathing through her nose a lot during treatments. She had some bronchiospasms from it, but her sputum cultures were clear within two weeks.

B

Beaz

My son (14) started this a few months ago for MRSA also. It is more effective than anything else we've tried so far, but I fear that it is becoming less so. Anyone doing anything "outside of the box" for MRSA? (Which has been a BIG problem for us)

B

Beaz

My son (14) started this a few months ago for MRSA also. It is more effective than anything else we've tried so far, but I fear that it is becoming less so. Anyone doing anything "outside of the box" for MRSA? (Which has been a BIG problem for us)

B

Beaz

IVWinchester79

My doctor said that since it works so well through IV when I get sick, she's decided to try getting it into my lungs instead. But she is worried about resistance.

IVWinchester79

My doctor said that since it works so well through IV when I get sick, she's decided to try getting it into my lungs instead. But she is worried about resistance.

IVWinchester79

IVWinchester79

IVWinchester79

IVWinchester79

IVWinchester79

IVWinchester79

IVWinchester79

DogLuver105

I didn't even know inhaled vancomycin was available. It definitely works miracles through an iv but i would be scared to take it very regularly because of resistance also. It seems to be the only drug that kills everything and makes me feel awesome. All the others work for a limited time or seem to just cover the symptoms for a while. The inhaled Vanc would be great though if it didnt become resistant!

DogLuver105

I didn't even know inhaled vancomycin was available. It definitely works miracles through an iv but i would be scared to take it very regularly because of resistance also. It seems to be the only drug that kills everything and makes me feel awesome. All the others work for a limited time or seem to just cover the symptoms for a while. The inhaled Vanc would be great though if it didnt become resistant!