inhaler vs. neb albuterol with HTS

jaimers

Super Moderator
I have a love hate relationship with HTS. It helps me SO much but it makes my airways feel so tight. I always do my albuterol inhaler before starting the HTS and vest but I don't notice a significant difference between doing the inhaler and not doing it prior to HTS--my airways always feel tight. For those of you that do the nebulized albuterol (or similar bronchodialator) do you notice it is more affective than the inhaler? Do you mix it with the HTS or neb it before? I'm definitely not trying to add on to my routine but I find myself skipping the HTS because it makes it so hard to breath and want to fix the problem rather than lose out on the benefits.

thanks!

humphrey711

I have a love hate relationship with HTS. It helps me SO much but it makes my airways feel so tight. I always do my albuterol inhaler before starting the HTS and vest but I don't notice a significant difference between doing the inhaler and not doing it prior to HTS--my airways always feel tight. For those of you that do the nebulized albuterol (or similar bronchodialator) do you notice it is more affective than the inhaler? Do you mix it with the HTS or neb it before? I'm definitely not trying to add on to my routine but I find myself skipping the HTS because it makes it so hard to breath and want to fix the problem rather than lose out on the benefits.

thanks!

My daughter does Albuterol in the neb prior to doing HTS. She is a bit young for the inhaler so she doesn't really have a choice. It takes her about 12 minutes to the Albuterol. Doctor said it would really open the airways and allow the HTS to penetrate deeper into her lungs. Not sure how helpful this was but good luck.

keefer11

I find that doing nebulizer albuterol works better for me before doing HTS, but in general I feel like nebulizer albuterol opens me up better than the inhaler. I don't mix it, I neb albuterol, once its done I put HTS in the same nebulizer. Good luck!

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Our son has done hyper sal since about 2, doing Xopenex first (nebulized) followed in same cup, but not mixed, with hyper sal. He doesn't have a problem and in fact loves the hyper sal. What about trying it nebulized for about a week to see if it helps with the hyper sal???

jaimers

Super Moderator
yeah I have an appointment next week so i think i'll ask for the nebbed version to give it a try. thanks yall!