insufficient amount of sweat collected :(

sheilaherbst

Thanks for your reply! The clinic told us no lotion so I didn't put any on her (she's not big on lotion anyway)...but I'm worried that the next test will just be a repeat...she was really bundled up and jogging up steps for a 1/2 hour! I don't know what I can do to make her sweat more next time! I agree about the blood test...if this one is insufficeint too, that's the route I'm going to push for.
-Sheila

sheilaherbst

Thanks for your reply! The clinic told us no lotion so I didn't put any on her (she's not big on lotion anyway)...but I'm worried that the next test will just be a repeat...she was really bundled up and jogging up steps for a 1/2 hour! I don't know what I can do to make her sweat more next time! I agree about the blood test...if this one is insufficeint too, that's the route I'm going to push for.
-Sheila

sheilaherbst

-Sheila

sheilaherbst

-Sheila

sheilaherbst

<br />-Sheila

hmw

Oh how frustrating!!! When my kids had their tests done, they were able to visually determine how much they were sweating~ there was a blue dye or something that was added to the strip in the 'watch' that showed exactly how much they were sweating into it, so that helped. It did take much longer for one of my boys to sweat enough than the other 2 kids, but ultimately, they were able to get enough. They also did both of their arms at once to help boost odds of it being a successful test. I'd be sure to ask them to do that, if they didn't the first time.

Wishing the very best for the next test.

hmw

Oh how frustrating!!! When my kids had their tests done, they were able to visually determine how much they were sweating~ there was a blue dye or something that was added to the strip in the 'watch' that showed exactly how much they were sweating into it, so that helped. It did take much longer for one of my boys to sweat enough than the other 2 kids, but ultimately, they were able to get enough. They also did both of their arms at once to help boost odds of it being a successful test. I'd be sure to ask them to do that, if they didn't the first time.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />Wishing the very best for the next test.

S

Stacia

Sheila when Stacia was first tested she was two months premature so we had that problem. They said she hadn't developed the sweat glands yet. We had that happen three times. After that it we did get one good sweat and then was ruled just a carrier. We went for nine years thinking that. Then she started having all the digestive problems so had the test done again. This was just last year, and this time when we had it done they did not bundle her at all they did some kind of electrode to bring out the sweat glands they just wrapped her arm with some kind of wax paper of some sort and got plenty of sweat that way. We had three of them done. Two of them were in the gray area then last one jumped to a posative. That is when they did the Ambry test and found both gene changes in her. Odds are even when they get enough sweat you will end up with the genetic test, so I would just push for it. Make sure they do the Ambry test because if they would have just done the common genetic tests they would have never found Stacia's other gene change. Hers is one common and one rare change. It takes a long time for the results (like six weeks and a long six weeks at that) but it is worth it, because if they don't find it it is not there.

S

Stacia

Sheila when Stacia was first tested she was two months premature so we had that problem. They said she hadn't developed the sweat glands yet. We had that happen three times. After that it we did get one good sweat and then was ruled just a carrier. We went for nine years thinking that. Then she started having all the digestive problems so had the test done again. This was just last year, and this time when we had it done they did not bundle her at all they did some kind of electrode to bring out the sweat glands they just wrapped her arm with some kind of wax paper of some sort and got plenty of sweat that way. We had three of them done. Two of them were in the gray area then last one jumped to a posative. That is when they did the Ambry test and found both gene changes in her. Odds are even when they get enough sweat you will end up with the genetic test, so I would just push for it. Make sure they do the Ambry test because if they would have just done the common genetic tests they would have never found Stacia's other gene change. Hers is one common and one rare change. It takes a long time for the results (like six weeks and a long six weeks at that) but it is worth it, because if they don't find it it is not there.

S

Stacia

S

Stacia

S

Stacia

hmw

Like Stacia posted, my kids all had the electrode thing on their forearms too for a little while to stimulate their sweat glands before having the sweat collector thing put on over the same spot the electrode had been placed. They did put their coats back on to help things along but we didn't have to do anything more than that.

hmw

Like Stacia posted, my kids all had the electrode thing on their forearms too for a little while to stimulate their sweat glands before having the sweat collector thing put on over the same spot the electrode had been placed. They did put their coats back on to help things along but we didn't have to do anything more than that.

hmw

hmw

hmw