Insurance Question?

S

Stacia

Actuallly we just switched to Blue cross Blue Shield and called them to find this out and they told us that they don't believe in pre-existing conditions. Plus they just told me at Clinic the other day. That if you are not on insurance for more that sixty days that the new insurance has to pay it is a law.

S

Stacia

Actuallly we just switched to Blue cross Blue Shield and called them to find this out and they told us that they don't believe in pre-existing conditions. Plus they just told me at Clinic the other day. That if you are not on insurance for more that sixty days that the new insurance has to pay it is a law.

S

Stacia

S

Stacia

S

Stacia

V

valigirl21

Stacia is absolutely right. I know that is the law in Texas where I live, but we do things a little different here. I wasn't sure if the rest of the country had the same laws. My suggestion would be try to get a LGHP, with a more reputable company, like Aetna or BCBS. UHC has private-pay policies I believe. Good luck, and keep us posted.

V

valigirl21

Stacia is absolutely right. I know that is the law in Texas where I live, but we do things a little different here. I wasn't sure if the rest of the country had the same laws. My suggestion would be try to get a LGHP, with a more reputable company, like Aetna or BCBS. UHC has private-pay policies I believe. Good luck, and keep us posted.

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

V

valigirl21

HollyAnnsMom

Thanks everyone! I called BCBS this week since that is who we have coverage with now and they said that going from corporate insuarance to a private policy then the underwriters can decide whether or not to cover her. The man that I spoke to said he really doubted that they would cover her. I've got a few more calls to make. The company that has offered my husband the job said that they would find a way even if they had to offer corporate insurance. Thanks again guys!

HollyAnnsMom

Thanks everyone! I called BCBS this week since that is who we have coverage with now and they said that going from corporate insuarance to a private policy then the underwriters can decide whether or not to cover her. The man that I spoke to said he really doubted that they would cover her. I've got a few more calls to make. The company that has offered my husband the job said that they would find a way even if they had to offer corporate insurance. Thanks again guys!

HollyAnnsMom

HollyAnnsMom

HollyAnnsMom