Insurance update/ Xopenex not covered

bmombtoo

I just received a letter in the mail stating that as of January 1 United healthcare will no longer cover Xopenex
"as it is the same as "albuterol". I was told that albuterol has a shorter life years ago by Josh's allergist so he would have to use it more frequently on a daily basis. Also when I use albuterol it makes me jumpy, ventolin doesn't cause quite the jumpiness as the generic albuterol. We both do very well on it.

I'll let the CF doctor know and she what she has to say.

bmombtoo

I just received a letter in the mail stating that as of January 1 United healthcare will no longer cover Xopenex
"as it is the same as "albuterol". I was told that albuterol has a shorter life years ago by Josh's allergist so he would have to use it more frequently on a daily basis. Also when I use albuterol it makes me jumpy, ventolin doesn't cause quite the jumpiness as the generic albuterol. We both do very well on it.

bmombtoo

bmombtoo

bmombtoo

<br />"as it is the same as "albuterol". I was told that albuterol has a shorter life years ago by Josh's allergist so he would have to use it more frequently on a daily basis. Also when I use albuterol it makes me jumpy, ventolin doesn't cause quite the jumpiness as the generic albuterol. We both do very well on it.
<br />
<br />I'll let the CF doctor know and she what she has to say.

saveferris2009

Ya prior authorizations can easily take care of that.
<br />
<br />this happens all the time with insurance companies. par for the course

crickit715

i dont know what has been going on lately with "needing prior authorizations"....it seems that several of my daughters cf meds that were never any problem to get at the pharmacy suddenly have become a huge hassle! i wonder if it isnt a "precursor" to what we will experience with our new health care system. hhhmmmmmm???

crickit715

i dont know what has been going on lately with "needing prior authorizations"....it seems that several of my daughters cf meds that were never any problem to get at the pharmacy suddenly have become a huge hassle! i wonder if it isnt a "precursor" to what we will experience with our new health care system. hhhmmmmmm???

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715