Insurance with no job

sue35

My husband hates his job and wants to quit. We have enough money where he could take some time off and regroup. I stopped working last year due to my health but have not applied for SSDI (there was thought I might go back next year)

Is it possible for my husband to buy private insurance for both of us, if we have never had a break in insurance? Or must one of us work so I am insured? We are in Illinois.

sue35

My husband hates his job and wants to quit. We have enough money where he could take some time off and regroup. I stopped working last year due to my health but have not applied for SSDI (there was thought I might go back next year)

Is it possible for my husband to buy private insurance for both of us, if we have never had a break in insurance? Or must one of us work so I am insured? We are in Illinois.

B

BikerEd

I believe COBRA is only if you lose your job not quit. If you have not had a break in insurance for more than 90 days you can get insurance and they have to cover your CF. Good luck

B

BikerEd

I believe COBRA is only if you lose your job not quit. If you have not had a break in insurance for more than 90 days you can get insurance and they have to cover your CF. Good luck