Intermittent low grade fever

rtorres25

Does anyone have problems with low grade fever recurring? About every 3 or 4 days for a month now, I wake up feeling yucky and have around 99.6 or 99.7. It goes away with Alleve. My culture only shows Alkalegines (sp?) and Doc says this doesn't require treatment. Otherwise I feel well.

Thanks!

Jana

I had the same problem for several years--low grade fever that just randomly came and went. There was a thread about it on here before, and a number of people mentioned they had the same thing. Apparently it's one of those common cf problems. Strangely, it stopped for me a year or two ago now. Even when sick, I haven't had a fever in the last year at least.

bgchastain

I had low grade fevers for years until I started Cayston and they seem to have stopped all together. I think there are several of us on her who fight fevers regularly

SoyaSauce

Have they checked for NTM/ MAC? I got this before diagnosed with NTM, They would just randomly come and go, low grade range 99 + , and like you I would feel yucky.

rtorres25

The only thing I've tested positive for lately is achromobacter and Dr doesn't think it needs to be treating. Apparently, posting on here was good medicine, b/c fever hasn't returned for more than a week now. Also, got dx with a staph infection in my nose from Nasonex recently. I think it could have been related.

Thanks!

jbrandonAW

Fever is a sign of infection somewhere in the body. I recommend lowering protien and dairy for a bit, upping fruits and veggie intake. Also cut out sugar and processed foods. Next add some vit C and garlic to your regime and see if that helps.

JENNYC

Abby does that when she is fixing to get sinus issues. Sometimes it goes away on its own and other times we end up on meds for sinus infection. But that's always my indicator that something is fixin to happen.

cgerhardt

My 4 year old has had the same problem since 2010. We have been the ENT and ID doctors. Our CF doctor has seen him go from being completely fine to sick in a matter of minutes. No one has any answers for us. Not only does he get the fevers he doesn't sleep very well. Reading this today does make me feel a little better a least someone else has this and I am not crazy. People tell me that maybe he has a high body temp and I have to say no because he can have a normal temp.

Jimmya

My son Colt has had this same issue for about three years, it has happened even when well or when he has cultured something. The one that seems to be associated with it seems to show up around the same time is a rare mold that is hard for them to identify. I am in the hospital with him now, he is the worst he has ever been and the only thing showing on cultures is the beginning stages of growth of a rare mold that they cant seem to identify, its not growing out fully! But he has the mysterious "ghost fever" (what I've come to call it).