Intestinal problems and lots of GAS!

vickysmommy

Hi everyone I have a concern, Lately I have had a lot of gas and problems with going to the bathroom. I have never had THIS much trouble before. Im wondering if you all have any suggestions, because I know if I tell my doc all he's gonna do is refer me to another doctor who will just examine my colon and I dont really wanna go there if I dont have to! So have any of you tried anything that has worked. Fill me in cause I am so worried Im getting worse in my intestinal area.

JohnnaMarie

Are you talking about constipation? If you are and milk of magnesia or stool softeners has not helped you out to get back to normal you should see your doctor. You may also want to consider if you have : had a change in diet (intaking more or less fiber or dairy products drinking more or less water) I am always on a stool softener because i have sluggish guts and I find that if i drink alot 3 or more cups of apple juice when things are slowing down for me it helps me alot! I know one time one of my docs told me to drink one part Milk of Magnesia and one part mineral oil when i was really blocked up....if you want to try that : fill dispensing cup of the Milk o Magnesia up and put that part in a cup and then fill that little dispensing cup a second time with mineral oil. Mix em together in that glass or drink em separate.. Make sure you have some water real close after you drink that brew though cause it is gross, but it had worked for me in the past. YOu may choose to try that if mom by itself and other methods have failed. There is risk with that option though cause it can really make your system feel nasea..you may have to will it to stay down..It worked for me....but i dont know how it will do for you... Of course unless the issue is that the problem is sourced at the exit area ...uuuuuhhhhumm then try a fleets....sorry If none of that stuff works for you , go see your doc.....If you have never had a full exam in the intestines ...COLON... maybe you need one and there is some thing in there that is not good and needs attention. I know i am going to have to have a colonoscopy done cause i have a pain that i get every nite on my right side after i eat supper and the test s i have done in the past have not shown the problem so that test is all there really is left......I hope that it does not come to that for you, but eventually you will have to have one done.women get colon cancer too ...not saying you have it or anything..but you have to take care of yourself....i have a history of colon cancer in my family and have CF ......so my situation screams for me to get checked with all the symptoms i have.... If you have any blood or cramping CALL YOUR DOC ........dont wait on it.......Gas-x for the gas........Good Luck....I hope things get alot better for you really really soon.

JohnnaMarie

I also wanted to say that if you choose the brew idea to drink at least 2 glasses of water with it within the hour after you drink the brew. You probably cannot chug more than one glass of water right after you take the brew....so make sure to drink at least one more after you feel that brew and first glass of water emptying out of your stomach... that is for you only if you choose to do that idea for your guts.....because you need alot of water with the MOM to make it work better.......

anonymous

I started having the same problem about 6 months ago, lots of bloating, gas and constipation. My doctor put me on Miralax, it is a powder you mix with liquid that helps retain more water in your intestines. It has really helped me. My doc says a lot of cf patients are on it.

thefrogprincess

I eat whole grain every morning. It sounds like an add for fibercon or something but it really does help you stay "regular" whether you have problems with constipation or diahrea.

vickysmommy

Thanks everyone, I'll try talking to my doctor about just putting me on Miralax or something, Ive also been told I dont drink enough water but I feel like I drink a lot so its all confusing. And its not constipation really. I go, but I just have cramps like I have to go all the time, and I am farting non-stop!!! I just want to lock myself in a closet so no one has to smell me anymore! The bad thing about all this is I dont think people really understand that I cant help it. I just want it to stop already. Im scaring the baby even! faarrrrrrrrrtttt >>>>( : 0