Introduction and Hi

DanG

Welcome. I'm barely beyond introductions myself.
I was curious about the various conditions you listed.
I had a return of my childhood rheumatoid arthritis back in early 2003 after an 18 year absence. Several months later I had a stroke. I recovered completely but I was convinced that it had something to do with the arthritis. Apparently arthritis can thicken the blood and a week before it happened I had blood drawn and the tech remarked that it was really thick. Of course I didn't catch the implications of that. Now I am on plavix and 81 mg aspirin pretty much forever. I was also taking 4000mg of fish oil a day but discovered 3 years later that it was adding to the blood thinning and causing annoyingly frequent hemoptysis.
Did you ever decide that the stroke had anything to do with the arthritis?
Danny

36, double deltaf508, cfrd and a whole bunch of other crap.

DanG

I had a return of my childhood rheumatoid arthritis back in early 2003 after an 18 year absence. Several months later I had a stroke. I recovered completely but I was convinced that it had something to do with the arthritis. Apparently arthritis can thicken the blood and a week before it happened I had blood drawn and the tech remarked that it was really thick. Of course I didn't catch the implications of that. Now I am on plavix and 81 mg aspirin pretty much forever. I was also taking 4000mg of fish oil a day but discovered 3 years later that it was adding to the blood thinning and causing annoyingly frequent hemoptysis.
Danny

DanG

Danny

DanG

accidentally pressed twice so I deleted the second one. Apparently the list likes multiple copies.

DanG

accidentally pressed twice so I deleted the second one. Apparently the list likes multiple copies.

DanG

kitersmom

Hi,
That's a good question. My doctor seemed to think that it had to do with my Celebrex I was on for the Arthritis. Also, it showed up after my stroke that I actually had been born with a hole in my heart that was never diagnosed. And since the stroke happened right as my nurse was flushing my port the theory is I had a small clot in my port which went through the hole in my heart when we flushed it. That caused the stroke. In theory, of course.

Tiffany

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>DanG</b></i>

Danny

36, double deltaf508, cfrd and a whole bunch of other crap.</end quote></div>

kitersmom

Hi,
That's a good question. My doctor seemed to think that it had to do with my Celebrex I was on for the Arthritis. Also, it showed up after my stroke that I actually had been born with a hole in my heart that was never diagnosed. And since the stroke happened right as my nurse was flushing my port the theory is I had a small clot in my port which went through the hole in my heart when we flushed it. That caused the stroke. In theory, of course.

Tiffany

Danny

kitersmom

Hi,

Tiffany

Danny

Momtana

welcome, Tiffany. I am impressed with the number of siblings with CF, with the genetic statistics you would expect fewer sibling pairs/trios ...I am the 5th child of my parents, the only one with CF.
We will stay with you through your transplant and beyond .... keep us posted, please.

Momtana

welcome, Tiffany. I am impressed with the number of siblings with CF, with the genetic statistics you would expect fewer sibling pairs/trios ...I am the 5th child of my parents, the only one with CF.
We will stay with you through your transplant and beyond .... keep us posted, please.

Momtana

Spike

hello @ all,

i just wanna say hello, i am from germany and i have CF to ... of couse , sorry about my terrible english ... dont beat me when something's not correct but your forum is really interessting ...

so hello from germany :)

Spike

hello @ all,

i just wanna say hello, i am from germany and i have CF to ... of couse , sorry about my terrible english ... dont beat me when something's not correct but your forum is really interessting ...

Spike

hello @ all,