Ipad

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I threw a snit last month and cancelled our newspaper subscription. With the refund check I got in the mail, since I had just renewed our subscription, I'm putting the money toward an Ipad. Figure I can read the NY Times in the mornings instead of the local fishwrap.

For those of you with Ipads, what apps do you suggest, like best? Especially thinking about those for DS who is 7 years old.

Imogene

Administrator
Kids Math
Magnetic ABC
BrainPop
ArtPuzzle HD
CookieDoodle
JellyDoodle
DrawingPad
MeeGenius
ShapeBuilder
RubyRepeat

Good Luck with the iPad...I love it!
BTW
Brad was our iPad winner for the survey...he may have some suggestions for you too.

I know Max will get lots of use out of it!
Jeanne

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Yea! I'm so happy for Brad! And me as my husband just called and said he bought an ipad for us. We're heading to the City for an appointment later this week, so we figure we'll take it along to keep DS entertained. :)

Thanks so much, will have to check out those apps.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't had a chance to check it out. The boys were playing War Ship with Pirate Ships doing battle all last night. Sigh!

Imogene

Administrator
Know it is my goal that every CF patient has an iPad!
I was able to send two iPads out this time.
One to Brad and one to Crystalina!

Julie has been invaluable in her efforts to help us start our Foundation. All the paperwork is in!

CFTechnology.org is the name, I will keep you apprised of the progress!

Jeanne

robert321

I don't have anything useful to say, but I love your description of your local newspaper as the local "fishwrap" Sounds like a pretty good description of a couple ones around here.

Brad

The iPad is very " Kool "

I am finding a few Apps that my Niece can use and I no longer take
a News Paper..No more of that annoying refolding ..

I know there are many more apps and uses. for now I am just playing
with it..I also watch NetFlix on it. great sound .. I was surprised.

Melissa75

Administrator
I don't have an iPad, but just last night I was looking at my cousin's. She has an app called U Talk for her kids that teaches foreign languages. She had U Talk Spanish,
It looked great for kids or adults.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite game currently and form of mindless entertainment is Zombie Hero - Kill Angry War Ninja. :)