Ironic

So its interesting to me that shortly after I responded to the heart pounding thread that the exact same thing happened to me last night. I was sitting talking with a friend and suddenly felt this jolt in my chest and could feel my heart beating out of my chest at an uncontrollable rate. I stood up went in the bathroom trying not to freak out my friend. I was concerned that I may start coughing up blood since my heart does weird things before this happens. I coughed and checked. No blood, thank heavens. I came back out and checked my heart rate on my oximeter. It was reading 217 bpm. Insanity. I could hardly believe this was happening again. I called the nurse in and then about 30 minutes later a guy came and did an EKG. Then 30 minutes later I heard from a doctor, then 30 minutes total 1 1/2 hours of my heart beating at at least 190 they gave me the medicine that stops your heart persay. Crazy feeling. Everyone there thought i was nuts because i was still laughing and joking and carrying on. Asking where my medal was for running the 10 k. Ha humor, the only way to go. So this morning all is fine and dandy. just one of those weird unexplainable things that seems to happen in my crazy body.

JazzysMom

You must have thinking of me durin that time, Monkey! No more weird things.....you had enough! Talk to you tonite!

Seana30

Emilee,

215 beats per minute! WOW. It sounds exactly like you have SVT (super venticular tachacardia).

My ex husband's daughter had it and they would have to give her the medication to stop her heart. They finally did surgery on her and she has had NO problems since then. I believe she was about 7 years old when they did the surgery.

I go in to be put on a 24 hour heart monitor today, and will be having a echo stress test soon. NOTHING is scarier than when your heart started going crazy.

You are in my thoughts!

Seana

Also, have they told you about the vagel manuvear when that happens to you. If it happens again hold your breath and bare down real hard like you are going to take a poop. Believe it or not this can cause the fast heartrate to go down.

anonymous

Yup they have Seana, thanks, it just didn't seem to work. I appreciate your thoughts and concerns on this.

Emilee

Ender

what is going on, like 3 or 4 of us have had racing hearts in the last week or so.

Maybe it's a sign hehe. Weird though, seriously.

Kiel