Is a bronch always done with IV ABX?

Jane

Digital opinion leader
There's more to the story in my blog, but the boys' doc wants them to have a bronch. They are not scheduled for IVs soon and are feeling well. Is a bronch always followed by IVs? I imagine that it will stir up a lot of stuff which could cause some problems too.

Anyone have some insight?

thanks

Jesse has had 2 and Josh has had 1, but they were done before surgeries.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
There's more to the story in my blog, but the boys' doc wants them to have a bronch. They are not scheduled for IVs soon and are feeling well. Is a bronch always followed by IVs? I imagine that it will stir up a lot of stuff which could cause some problems too.

thanks

Jane

Digital opinion leader

thanks

Jane

Digital opinion leader

thanks

Jane

Digital opinion leader

thanks

Sevenstars

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Is a bronch always done with IV ABX? </end quote></div>

To answer this, no. From your blog and this post it sounds like your docs just want to get another culture from deeper in the lungs - to make sure they didn't miss anything. I got a bronch a long time ago and it showed some things that NEVER appeared on any of my regular sputum cultures.

I'll cross my fingers that the bronch also shows nothing like the cultures did, good luck!

Sevenstars

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Is a bronch always done with IV ABX? </end quote></div>

To answer this, no. From your blog and this post it sounds like your docs just want to get another culture from deeper in the lungs - to make sure they didn't miss anything. I got a bronch a long time ago and it showed some things that NEVER appeared on any of my regular sputum cultures.

I'll cross my fingers that the bronch also shows nothing like the cultures did, good luck!

Sevenstars

Sevenstars

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Is a bronch always done with IV ABX? </end quote>

Sevenstars

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Is a bronch always done with IV ABX? </end quote>