Is Gallbladder Problem part of CF

NanaOf8Girls

I would like to know if anyone else has had to have their gallbladder removed due to CF. My granddaughter, since birth on 05/18/08, hasn't been home yet. First bowel surgery and then reconnection of bowel. Weight loss, changing formula's, vomiting, jaundice. She is over 3 months old now and has a NG and they did a PH test yesterday to find out if she has acid reflux. They were going to do a G-tube this week but are postponing it until they run more tests on her gallbladder. They are saying that they might just take it out when they do the G-tube. Anyone else have problems with the gallbladder???

NanaOf8Girls

I would like to know if anyone else has had to have their gallbladder removed due to CF. My granddaughter, since birth on 05/18/08, hasn't been home yet. First bowel surgery and then reconnection of bowel. Weight loss, changing formula's, vomiting, jaundice. She is over 3 months old now and has a NG and they did a PH test yesterday to find out if she has acid reflux. They were going to do a G-tube this week but are postponing it until they run more tests on her gallbladder. They are saying that they might just take it out when they do the G-tube. Anyone else have problems with the gallbladder???

NanaOf8Girls

NanaOf8Girls

NanaOf8Girls

P

PeteRose

I can't speak for children, but I had my gallbladder removed in 2000. I'm pretty sure that there are others with CF that have had to have their gallbladder removed as well.

Rosie 47 w/cf

P

PeteRose

I can't speak for children, but I had my gallbladder removed in 2000. I'm pretty sure that there are others with CF that have had to have their gallbladder removed as well.

Rosie 47 w/cf

P

PeteRose

Rosie 47 w/cf

P

PeteRose

Rosie 47 w/cf

P

PeteRose

<br />
<br />Rosie 47 w/cf
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Our doctor indicated that usually around the teens, he recommends having a ultrasound of the GB.

Is your granddaughter still on TPN? If so, that can cause liver issues. DS was put on actigall when he was in the NICU recovering from surgery and his liver levels were elevated.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Our doctor indicated that usually around the teens, he recommends having a ultrasound of the GB.

Is your granddaughter still on TPN? If so, that can cause liver issues. DS was put on actigall when he was in the NICU recovering from surgery and his liver levels were elevated.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Is your granddaughter still on TPN? If so, that can cause liver issues. DS was put on actigall when he was in the NICU recovering from surgery and his liver levels were elevated.

just1more

Our son has had an almost matching case.

Meconium Ileus at birth and then the take-down of his ostomy (reconnection as you called it) at 1 month.

He later developed jaundice and at 3 months they removed his gallbladder & put in his g-tube at the same time.

So yes it does happen, fortunately it is not extremely common at this age but many cystics ultimately lose their gallbladder.

just1more

Meconium Ileus at birth and then the take-down of his ostomy (reconnection as you called it) at 1 month.

He later developed jaundice and at 3 months they removed his gallbladder & put in his g-tube at the same time.

So yes it does happen, fortunately it is not extremely common at this age but many cystics ultimately lose their gallbladder.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />Meconium Ileus at birth and then the take-down of his ostomy (reconnection as you called it) at 1 month.
<br />
<br />He later developed jaundice and at 3 months they removed his gallbladder & put in his g-tube at the same time.
<br />
<br />So yes it does happen, fortunately it is not extremely common at this age but many cystics ultimately lose their gallbladder.
<br />