Is it really that hard?

WegerGirl

People say that as a teen ur health starts going down hill, and fast. I don't see that, I can see that when we move out of our parents house then it could go down hill because we forget I kno that I already forget alto of my meds all the time. I just don't understand if we have our parents to remind us then y do we go down hill?

WegerGirl

People say that as a teen ur health starts going down hill, and fast. I don't see that, I can see that when we move out of our parents house then it could go down hill because we forget I kno that I already forget alto of my meds all the time. I just don't understand if we have our parents to remind us then y do we go down hill?

WegerGirl

JazzysMom

Because CF is a progressive illness so some might have more problems as teens. I also believe (from my experience) that hitting puberty adds "stress" to the body which can excelerate things. Sadly at times whether we live at home, whether we have someone (parents or spouse) to remind us or whether we are diligent with treatments etc....things happen. Its the nature of the beast.

JazzysMom

Because CF is a progressive illness so some might have more problems as teens. I also believe (from my experience) that hitting puberty adds "stress" to the body which can excelerate things. Sadly at times whether we live at home, whether we have someone (parents or spouse) to remind us or whether we are diligent with treatments etc....things happen. Its the nature of the beast.

JazzysMom

NoExcuses

I don't think that your health going downhill as a teenager or when you move out of the house is necessarily true.

If you decide to be an adult about your treatments and do them every day, you won't decline any more rapidly than at any other age.

There are some aspects of CF you can't control, yes. But there are many aspects that you have control over such as doing meds like you're supposed to and exercising.

NoExcuses

I don't think that your health going downhill as a teenager or when you move out of the house is necessarily true.

If you decide to be an adult about your treatments and do them every day, you won't decline any more rapidly than at any other age.

There are some aspects of CF you can't control, yes. But there are many aspects that you have control over such as doing meds like you're supposed to and exercising.

NoExcuses

Darinsmom

Hi I agree with Sakasuka, doing your treatments everyday and stressing to your child how important it is when they move out to keep up with them should help. I'll probably be the mom that calls my son everyday to make sure he is getting them (lol). I know it's a progressive disease, but there are alot of new therapies coming up that are encouraging.

Darinsmom

Hi I agree with Sakasuka, doing your treatments everyday and stressing to your child how important it is when they move out to keep up with them should help. I'll probably be the mom that calls my son everyday to make sure he is getting them (lol). I know it's a progressive disease, but there are alot of new therapies coming up that are encouraging.

Darinsmom

Lance2020x

God that is so amazing. I wish my parents did that. I mean I took my meds regularly because I would be sick the next day if I didn't. But I really wish that my parents had been that helpful with my tharapies and such. I'm very lazy and a huge procrastinator, and nobody ever sat down and watched over me while doing my tharapies, I just learned the hard way what would happen if I didn't.<br>Which really, in a way may be best, because I don't rely on anybody to make me do my flutter, but it sure would have been nice to have somebody watching over me, because I get distracted easily.
<br><br>So kudos to you moms. Keep it up.

Lance2020x

God that is so amazing. I wish my parents did that. I mean I took my meds regularly because I would be sick the next day if I didn't. But I really wish that my parents had been that helpful with my tharapies and such. I'm very lazy and a huge procrastinator, and nobody ever sat down and watched over me while doing my tharapies, I just learned the hard way what would happen if I didn't.<br>Which really, in a way may be best, because I don't rely on anybody to make me do my flutter, but it sure would have been nice to have somebody watching over me, because I get distracted easily.

Lance2020x